1 reply to this topic

#1 GISJason420

GISJason420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

IPB Image

Yellow circled trace/pin seems burnt out from the Black fuse up on the top??

A line looks burnt? (Circled in red) Guessing I could just reapply new solder to make it a nice line again?

Or is it gone from that ugly yellow thing on the top part of the PSU?

I cannot find my fluke to measure or check connectivity but when I do then what all would I need to test to confirm it's toast or fixable?

Thanks in advance for your reply!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by GISJason420, 22 January 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

is the fuze gone too?
if not then you may have blown some caps excetera so you need to check continuity.
I find its easier to check continuity on the other side of the 2 smd resistors near the power in...
"not closest to the actual power iinput the other side"

I havent had many psu's fail but the ones that have usualy lost a resistor some how. However that looks a lot like the problem with the old foxcon psu's but that one seems to have the rivets on the top side that comes down through the board.
So you could simply cave a cracked solder join that caused arking which is the burning you see.
So id clean that up good with isopropily or nail varnish remover or some high % alcohol and a tooth brush till it wasnt all black any more, and look at it with a magnifying glass see if its cracked.

i also dont think you could have possibly done any real damage to the solder thats circled in red. Theres lots of solder on those things so unless you physically damaged it some how i dont see how any electrical issue would cause damage to them without making noticable burning..

Edited by shambles1980, 23 January 2012 - 07:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users