• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Booboob

Booboob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi, I've got this wifi router NETGEAR WGT634U http://firmware.netg...produit=WGT634U

I've always connected my Xbox by FTP to my computer with a RJ45 cable, but do you think I can connect it wireless with this router ?

Any help or informations maybe ?

Thanks !

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

You can connect an Xbox to any wireless router, but you need a wireless client adapter to plug into the Xbox. And router running DD-WRT can be configured as a wireless client adapter, or you can buy a dedicated wireless client adapters.

That device is a wireless router and won't run DD-WRT, so can't be used as a client adapter.

Edited by Heimdall, 23 January 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#3 dyingdemon

dyingdemon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

i dont understand. I have a att 2701HG-B 2wire dsl router that can both connect and broadcast on Adhoc AND connect to the internet (in fact my whole home network is set up to run through that adhoc connection. i also have a D-Link DL-524 which can do the same. I have the DL-524 connect to my pstwo and connected to the adhoc my 2wire is broadcasting, and im able to stream media and so on through the network, and when i connect it to my xbox, i can do the same, and even connect to icefilms (before megaupload went down >.>) why cant he juts do that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users