Photo

Why Won't My 360 Let Me Play Halo Ce: Anniversary Edition?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

It just loads for a long time, showing that bluish halo loading screen. And then once that finishes, the screen finally ends up just going black. But then nothing ever happens. It just stays black forever. I had to do one update that it made me do. Fine I'm cool with that. I actually like doing updates. But then, I had to update my whole xbox through some weird manner that I'm going to start another thread about. It changed the whole look of the dashboard. And then after ALL that, I went ahead and chose to "install" the game. It still does the same thing. Loads, then doesn't load. What the heck is going on here?

Edited by Photonfanatic, 24 January 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#2 Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Just another reason why the PS3 really is so much better than the 360. And I'm normally not one to make comparisons like that. But I just can't find any reason why the 360 is remotely comparable to the PS3. (other than the controller) Anyway, rant over LOL. rolleyes.gif

How can you tell the 360 to do a check for general system updates? On the Ps3, its too easy. Just like it is in windows 7 and vista. But for some reason, the only way I have found that you can do it for the 360 is to do some weird, off the wall way like telling it to check the Xbox Live connection. I did that, and it found some update that it needed. It actually changed the whole look of the dashboard. A big improvement, but not related to my question. Also I need to say that I am not a member of Xbox Live, nor do I have any desire to be. SURELY they don't want you to pay just to get system updates, do they? Don't tell me they've become like Crapple...

Isn't there just some button somewhere that you can click and it checks for the latest system updates? If there is, I certainly couldn't find it.

#3 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:32 AM

Either get an Xbox LIVE account (free or Gold) and sign in periodically or check the connection to Xbox LIVE. Otherwise the console doesn't check the servers for updates, which I find convenient rather than inconvenient.

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

If an update it available it is made as a notification at sign in so I guess that is the location of an update at the sign in status or if you are currently signed in, then sign out and in again. For a game up date it updates when it is launched when you are connected to Live. I kind of like it.

the thing I don't like is when a dashboard is now released it goes along the lines of

Downloading Update/Installing Update/Reboot/Downloading Update/Rebooting

Really does feel like you are in a update loop even though you are not.

Edited by bucko, 24 January 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#5 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(bucko @ Jan 23 2012, 03:35 PM)  

If an update it available it is made as a notification at sign in so I guess that is the location of an update at the sign in status or if you are currently signed in, then sign out and in again. For a game up date it updates when it is launched when you are connected to Live. I kind of like it.

the thing I don't like is when a dashboard is now released it goes along the lines of

Downloading Update/Installing Update/Reboot/Downloading Update/Rebooting

Really does feel like you are in a update loop even though you are not.

The reboot is because of blowing fuses and to prepare for the installation.

do you want to have a dead xbox or a working one.

#6 Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:48 AM

Not sure what you are asking, my xbox works fine. Never blown a breaker or anything... lol blink.gif

#7 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE(Photonfanatic @ Jan 23 2012, 04:48 PM)  

Not sure what you are asking, my xbox works fine. Never blown a breaker or anything... lol blink.gif

He was talking about blowing eFuses, not standard home fuses.

#8 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:59 AM

Is it a retail game or backup? Does the retail game still load? Does other backup games still load?

#9 Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

Someone merged two totally different topics lol.

Anyway, I think I have both figured out. For some reason, I guess gamestop doesn't check to see if their used games will even play. Cause while the disc looked pretty free of scratches or anything, there was a very tiny scratch that wasn't allowing it to play. I'm just used to the playstation which actually tells you these things, instead of just leaving you guessing. So their solution was to have me buy a brand new copy lol. Good ol gamestop. Of course this kind of thing is to be expected from them.

As for the other thing, same problem, in the end. I'm used to some measure of competence from my console. The 360 just doesn't tell you anything about an update until its doing it right then. Do you need one? Who knows? Can you do a manual check? Of course not. Who'd want to do that, anyway? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users