• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 T8steTheRainbow

T8steTheRainbow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

Alright, ive been trying to mod my xbox for awhile now and messed it up and now ive got this damn error 16, and i need to do a hotswap to fix it but ive only got one desktop computer and its only running ubuntu and i cannot find a clear tutorial on how to fix this... can anybody please help? itd be highly appreciated:)

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:50 AM

xboxhdm 1.9 if your PC has two IDE ports on the motherboard, xboxhdm 2.2 if you only have one IDE port. Read the link in my signature (softmod with hotswap) for an overview.

#3 T8steTheRainbow

T8steTheRainbow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jan 24 2012, 03:50 AM) View Post

xboxhdm 1.9 if your PC has two IDE ports on the motherboard, xboxhdm 2.2 if you only have one IDE port. Read the link in my signature (softmod with hotswap) for an overview.

my pc has 2 hard drives in it so im guessing it has two ide slots, and will it work running ubuntu? and shit, i think i need to like boot from a cd or something to do this dont i.... my pc wont boot from a cd.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

No need to quote the preceding post.

Your PC can have two drives but only one IDE port on the motherboard. No need to guess, open it up and have a look.

Your operating system is irrelevant, because you are booting xboxhdm.

xboxhdm 1.9 boots from CD, xboxhdm 2.2 boots from USB.

#5 T8steTheRainbow

T8steTheRainbow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

hmm.. i do have two. and the pc has a f'd cd drive and wotn boot from cds, but maybe... just maybe.. the usb thing will work. ill give it a try! can i pm you with any questions? and how large of a usb would i need to do this? i only have a small small onee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users