2 replies to this topic

#1 geekay

geekay

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

Just thought I'd share this odd discovery while working on a client's system..

I've done many RGH's but Jasper's don't seem to agree with me. Received back a 16mb Jasper with cb6750 that was barely glitching at first but was sent back to me because it had stopped glitching altogether. Initially installed with coolrunner with 68nF cap. Tried rerunning wires for hours with no real improvements. Had a couple Matrix glitchers kicking around so I wiring one up along with 68nF cap and continued rerunning wires. At this point it was a bit of an improvement since I got one instant boot every 20-25 reboots which is still very poor.

Here's were it got interesting, I didn't shorten the legs on the cap and they were very long. While trying to put the DVD drive back I would push gently on the legs to make sure they were good and I would retest and surprisingly the system booted 2-3 times in a row instantly but would later fail. I'd go back and make some adjustments then put everything back pushing on the cap legs and same thing would happen. This got me thinking that all I'm doing is touching either side of the cap legs and it would immediately boot which reminded me of the tapping method however simply touching the leg gave me a 100% instant on boot!

I'd have to have access to the leg while it was assembled so I just soldered a piece of wire to the leg and ran it outside of the case. Now I just have to briefly run the end of the wire through my fingers and press power and bam, instant glitch on power up!

Coming from a system that would almost never glitch to a system now that I can't seem to not get to fail is a night and day difference in my case and I was hoping others could give this a shot on their troublesome Jasper units and report back. For those who need a visual I've taken a picture to better explain what I've done.

IPB Image

#2 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Interesting. Since you've soldered it to the ground wire what happens if you touch the methassis?
It seems the capicity from your finger influences the 68nF cap. maybe we need an adjustable cap around 68nf to find a sweet spot.

#3 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

use a 100nf cap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users