Photo

Gears Of War Xbox 360 Console (smoke-out Edition )

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

Just finished my GEARS OF WAR "Smoke-Out" Edition console . Turned out to look pretty awesome. It is a Jtag with a detachable DVD-ROM Drive. I removed the drive to install a 2nd generation CPU heatsink on the GPU. It has an Extreme Hybrid kit installed to prevent RROD. Xenon runs at about 44C GPU max load and 55C CPU max load. Has a white Ring of light and white LEDS by the window. The camera shows blue but they are white. Has a white HDD activity light. Let me know what you guys think! The camera does not due it justice but you get the idea.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

More Photos here: http://s238.photobuc...s/ff5/Elite360/

Edited by mac-life, 25 January 2012 - 06:56 AM.

#2 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

The paint job is great, the smoked out effect came out real nice.

Just you need to get the finishing right on other things. Tape around the cords / wires doesnt look neat. Sleeve the cables finish it off a little bit nicer.

#3 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

I was surprised at how well the smoke effect came out when I first painted the bottom of the case with a brush of white paint. So I went with it and created a smoke-out effect. I always loved throwing smoke bombs in GEARS 3! Now I have a case to represent my addiction. Also I had planned to get cable sleeve, but I have not got around to it yet. I appreciate the feedback!

#4 turbocrow

turbocrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

Nice !! do you think I should replace my GPU heat-sink with a 2nd Gen Cpu one or should an extra fan be sufficient ?
Plus I take it that you have set your fan too 100%

Edited by turbocrow, 25 January 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#5 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

I set my fans to 85%. But I can get away with 70-75% fan speed if I want and it still is no more than 50C. And yes the second generation CPU heatsink is awesome for dropping the temperature. I used cheap thermal paste that came with the Hybrid Extreme Kit along with the heatsink. It stays at 44-45C for me. Unless the room temp. is really hot. Well worth the mod. O, the thermal pads from the Extreme Hybrid fix too help alot too. That drops the temp even more because the metal casing acts like a big heatsink. But using the second Gen. CPU heatsink and some AC5 or better should do the trick! BTW..My 360 was fixed with the oven fix. I then applied the second Gen. heatsink and Extreme Hybrid fix. Been working rock solid for a year now! At my temps I have nothing to worry about. smile.gif

Edited by mac-life, 26 January 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#6 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(ozzylow @ Jan 25 2012, 07:02 AM) View Post

The paint job is great, the smoked out effect came out real nice.

Just you need to get the finishing right on other things. Tape around the cords / wires doesnt look neat. Sleeve the cables finish it off a little bit nicer.

Hell yh. Lush paint job but the cable, makes me wanna cry. Trust me when i say you will regret not using cable tidy. Do you have a lighter or heat gun. If so get some heatshrink with cable tidy from ebay and shazam. You mod will be the piece.

Good Luck and looking forward to more modding

XBOXMODDRINNEED

Ryan

#7 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(XBOXMODDERINNEED @ Jan 25 2012, 07:34 PM) View Post

Hell yh. Lush paint job but the cable, makes me wanna cry. Trust me when i say you will regret not using cable tidy. Do you have a lighter or heat gun. If so get some heatshrink with cable tidy from ebay and shazam. You mod will be the piece.

Good Luck and looking forward to more modding

XBOXMODDRINNEED

Ryan

Wow everyone hates my cable. LOL..I do have a heat gun. I will order the shrink warp for the wire. Thanks guys for the feedback!

Edited by mac-life, 26 January 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#8 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(mac-life @ Jan 26 2012, 03:27 AM) View Post

Wow everyone hates my cable. LOL..I do have a heat gun. I will order the shrink warp for the wire. Thanks guys for the feedback!

I am only here to help people and you are more than welcome. This mod will go off the rickterscale when the cable is done.

It will kinda fit with the song EARTHQUAKE - Tinne Tempah ft Labrynth

LOL.

Good mod keep em coming

XBOXMODDERINNEED

#9 DiamondCut

DiamondCut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

Very nice man. Just get some cable sleeving on that thing and it will be perfect.

Check out my GoW Modded xbox biggrin.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740226

#10 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

Awesome work! Very well done indeed. Yeah I agree about the cable, but ehh it's secondary imho.

#11 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(DiamondCut @ Jan 26 2012, 11:26 PM) View Post

Very nice man. Just get some cable sleeving on that thing and it will be perfect.

Check out my GoW Modded xbox biggrin.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740226

Yeah, I saw yours and it is very nice! Get those green LEDS outta here! It is a shame Micro$oft did not release The Limited Edition Gears 3 console and controller with RED LEDS from the start. You might like my Gears 3 controller. I added all black buttons along with the Intensafire 2.0 and the illuminating thumb-sticks. It has an on/off rapid fire tactical button on the back of the controller. I also use the black grip-it thumb-stick covers. Looks awesome in the dark!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

QUOTE(digipimp75 @ Jan 27 2012, 12:20 AM) View Post

Awesome work! Very well done indeed. Yeah I agree about the cable, but ehh it's secondary imho.

Thanks man! beerchug.gif

Edited by mac-life, 27 January 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#12 DiamondCut

DiamondCut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

Why are two LED's on? And it looks cool but I wouldn't do the thumbstick's clear, i dislike the look of seeing the molded plastic. Looks good otherwise though. I am selling my xbox and i'm not going to mod the controllers unless they pay me extra.

Edited by DiamondCut, 28 January 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#13 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(DiamondCut @ Jan 27 2012, 10:53 PM) View Post

Why are two LED's on? And it looks cool but I wouldn't do the thumbstick's clear, i dislike the look of seeing the molded plastic. Looks good otherwise though. I am selling my xbox and i'm not going to mod the controllers unless they pay me extra.

Too bad your selling it, but to answer your question the bottom 4th player LED indicates rapid fire. Also if you don't like the clear you can always throw some Grip-it thumb-sticks grips on it and you still get the LED effect like this. BTW grip-it's are fantastic. They REALLY do help and feel way better than standard thumb-sticks grips.
IPB Image

Edited by mac-life, 28 January 2012 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users