X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

So i have a question.

I have a 250gb Hdd from a slim Xbox which i recently sold. If i were to buy a Phat xbox how would i transfer my saves and stuff over to the new HDD that comes with the Phat?

I have a data transfer cable that i used before to transfer from phat hdd to slim but now i am stumped.

Is the only way to find someone that has a slim and use my hdd and the transfer cable, coz i dont know anyone near me that has one.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT.....just on a side note is there anything i need to know to burn skyrim and saints row 3 and a few other new games to work on a console with newest dash with ixtreme 2.0/3.0. I have dual layer discs but just wondered if there will be any probs because these games are new. Thanks again

Edited by darklinky, 26 January 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(darklinky @ Jan 26 2012, 06:26 AM) View Post

So i have a question.

I have a 250gb Hdd from a slim Xbox which i recently sold. If i were to buy a Phat xbox how would i transfer my saves and stuff over to the new HDD that comes with the Phat?

I have a data transfer cable that i used before to transfer from phat hdd to slim but now i am stumped.

Is the only way to find someone that has a slim and use my hdd and the transfer cable, coz i dont know anyone near me that has one.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT.....just on a side note is there anything i need to know to burn skyrim and saints row 3 and a few other new games to work on a console with newest dash with ixtreme 2.0/3.0. I have dual layer discs but just wondered if there will be any probs because these games are new. Thanks again

You could just get one of these HDD cases and take it out the slim case and put it in a phat HDD case
http://s.dealextreme...hard drive case

I never used a transfer cable before, why cant you use the one you had before?

Patch your new games with ABGX 1.06 before you burn them. Make sure you have LT 3.0 if its out for your drive if you want no issues. Also buy an IHAS124b drive and flash it to burn XGD3 games.

#3 darklinky

darklinky

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jan 26 2012, 03:43 PM) View Post

You could just get one of these HDD cases and take it out the slim case and put it in a phat HDD case
http://s.dealextreme...hard drive case

I never used a transfer cable before, why cant you use the one you had before?

Patch your new games with ABGX 1.06 before you burn them. Make sure you have LT 3.0 if its out for your drive if you want no issues. Also buy an IHAS124b drive and flash it to burn XGD3 games.

Thanks for that i will look into getting one of the dvd burners you mentioned they seem quite cheap on ebay.

Also do you know if this setup mentioned above (newest dash with ixtreme 2.0/3.0) will be able to play games from an external hdd? I have been told i may be able to by using exiso?(think thats right) to transfer the isos to a fat32 formatted 1tb hdd. Or will i need another program/flash/hack/mod?

I cannot use the hdd i had for fat before because i transfered all the data from the 60gb hdd to the 250gb slim hdd then sold the console with the 60 hdd. Then sold my slim but kept the 250hdd. becasue i wanted to get a xbox capable of playing backups. phew. lol

Edited by darklinky, 26 January 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

You need a JTAG or RGH Xbox to play games from an external hard drive.

#5 darklinky

darklinky

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Do i have to patch the game if i am not planning on playing online? Becasue alot of the info i have seen is about stealth patching but as i say i dont care abotu live. I have had a look and downloaded the ABGX 1.06 exe and the source files, but not sure what to do with the souce files although i have found a tutorial on how to use the program.

Thanks again.

Also about to order a Dual layer Liteon. Is this needed just for NEW games? can i just use a bog standard dvd writer for older games?

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(darklinky @ Jan 26 2012, 10:58 AM) View Post

Do i have to patch the game if i am not planning on playing online? Becasue alot of the info i have seen is about stealth patching but as i say i dont care abotu live. I have had a look and downloaded the ABGX 1.06 exe and the source files, but not sure what to do with the souce files although i have found a tutorial on how to use the program.

Thanks again.

Also about to order a Dual layer Liteon. Is this needed just for NEW games? can i just use a bog standard dvd writer for older games?

You dont need the source files, delete em

Open ABGX 1.06
Open your ISO
Click the Autofix tab
Choose Level 3 autofix
Click Launch
Wait like 5 minutes it will tell you when its done in the DOS windows
Open the .dvd file, not .iso with the latest IMGburn and burn away

Just write everything with your new burner. you need the IHAS124b 224b 324b 424b 524b or 624b, no need to spend extra money so just buy the 124b version

#7 darklinky

darklinky

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thanks just bought this

http://www.ebay.co.u...48#ht_500wt_922

Problem is its not gonna be flashed, can i do it myself. Do i need too? could you point me in the right way for a tut.

Then i think im set to play lol

Will have the console, the liteon drive (which needs to be flashed?) some dual layer discs the program ABGX 1.06 and some game images and all your good advice. THAT IT? lol

Just have to figure out how to get the sata drive outta the casing but will find that out easy enough.

Any last advice and help

Thanks alot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users