• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darakm

darakm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

ok, so i read a bunch of guides and f.a.q.s, but i still have some unanswered questiong before i buy my jtag.
1.is rgh, better than jtag? and can i play original games on xbox live, with the jtag? (something about dual boot, as an original xbox, its not quiet clear to me).
2. how can i move a game that is larger than 5gb to the fat32 hd, if fat32 can only handle less than 4.5 gb files?
3.to update jtag version (like the fsd or something) do i need to pay to an expert or i can do it on my own (is it like updating my phone's version, or do i need to open up the xbox and mod it physically.)
4. is jtag really worth the headache compared to the simple lt3.0? (simply burn a disc through abgx1.6, and play?)
5. in jtag, do i still need to patch the game files through agbx in order to be safe and render the ban checks, or it doesnt matter?

pls pls dont ignore the questions, i really want to know what im getting into before buying jtag and possibly regret it.
thank you all.

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(darakm @ Jan 26 2012, 07:59 AM) View Post

ok, so i read a bunch of guides and f.a.q.s, but i still have some unanswered questiong before i buy my jtag.
1.is rgh, better than jtag? and can i play original games on xbox live, with the jtag? (something about dual boot, as an original xbox, its not quiet clear to me).
2. how can i move a game that is larger than 5gb to the fat32 hd, if fat32 can only handle less than 4.5 gb files?
3.to update jtag version (like the fsd or something) do i need to pay to an expert or i can do it on my own (is it like updating my phone's version, or do i need to open up the xbox and mod it physically.)
4. is jtag really worth the headache compared to the simple lt3.0? (simply burn a disc through abgx1.6, and play?)
5. in jtag, do i still need to patch the game files through agbx in order to be safe and render the ban checks, or it doesnt matter?

pls pls dont ignore the questions, i really want to know what im getting into before buying jtag and possibly regret it.
thank you all.

1. NO JTAG is better, if it can be done and meets requirements, then JTAG instead of RGH. Why is it better? RGH requires to spend like $25 on a chip, JTAG only needs like less then $3 in parts to wire and both need a programmer to read and write to NAND. Also JTAG instant boots all the time, RGH can take 30 seconds to a minute if you dont get good boot times with all consoles. Best bet is to have an XBOX live console and a JTAG/RGH separate. You cannot go on live with RGH or JTAG. If you do the dual boot option, it requires more skils then just JTAG or RGH. Also with dual nand booting each time there is an official xbox live update, you have to reflash your RGH as well. RGH can be done on almost all consoles except for xenon (no hdmi) and really new slims. JTAG needs 7371 dash or less and made before 6/18/2009

2. You can convert your ISOs on your PC with a program called ISO2GOD. It makes several files for each game and each file will meet the size requirements, so no worries here. You can also install games with freestyledash but sometimes they need to be patched that way, or rip direct from disc in NXE then run NXE2GOD on your JTAG. So no worries about size requirements at all.

3. You can update it on your own 2 ways. 1 easy way is just putting your update bin on a FAT32 USB stick and booting into xell and just wait a few minutes and it will update off the USB stick. If you don't create a proper update file, then you will get a black screen on boot and xell wont boot. So your 2nd option is hooking a programmer up and writing the image like you initially do. Most mistakes made on bad images are people don't patch their SMC according to wiring they used for JTAG, RGH there is no worry about SMC patching, just make sure you choose your proper motherboard revision(FALCON, jasper, trinity, etc) For freestyle dash (FSD), dashlaunch, and other apps, you just put those on a USB stick or your HDD and transfer to your XBOX storage and install on your JTAG.

4. yes it is worth it. You cant play on live, thats the only downfall to a JTAG.

5. Jtag dont go on live, so no worries about ban checks, but you still need to burn your games proper to work with LT+ 3.0, but if you just put them on USB HDD, then no worries ISO2GOD will take care of everything for you.

#3 darakm

darakm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

thank you very much.
i didn't understand how you can update jtag, perhaps you could clarify it a bit.
i have an xbox 360 4gb slim, and the clerk in the store told me it cant be jtagged, but he will trade my console for a jtagged console, how do i know if he puts jtag or rgh? he told my it will cost about 150 dollars (in my currency).
and which hard drive can i put in the console to replace my 4gb internal memory, and how?

btw thanks for the quick replay

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(darakm @ Jan 26 2012, 08:42 AM) View Post

thank you very much.
i didn't understand how you can update jtag, perhaps you could clarify it a bit.
i have an xbox 360 4gb slim, and the clerk in the store told me it cant be jtagged, but he will trade my console for a jtagged console, how do i know if he puts jtag or rgh? he told my it will cost about 150 dollars (in my currency).
and which hard drive can i put in the console to replace my 4gb internal memory, and how?

btw thanks for the quick replay

You create your image for freeboot to update it.
Put it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
Press eject to boot your console into xell with the usb stick already plugged in.
It will update itself after a minute of loading and will tell you when its done.

For other stuff like FSD and dashlaunch, you can just put those on USB stick and copy over and install on your JTAG or RGH

Your 4GB slim can be RGH if its made before 8/2011 and has a trinity motherboard. JTAG will boot instantly, RGH can take longer to boot and you can hear the fan make noises, especially on a slim, it sounds like its revving up, then down.

#5 darakm

darakm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jan 26 2012, 04:50 PM) View Post

You create your image for freeboot to update it.
Put it on a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
Press eject to boot your console into xell with the usb stick already plugged in.
It will update itself after a minute of loading and will tell you when its done.

For other stuff like FSD and dashlaunch, you can just put those on USB stick and copy over and install on your JTAG or RGH

Your 4GB slim can be RGH if its made before 8/2011 and has a trinity motherboard. JTAG will boot instantly, RGH can take longer to boot and you can hear the fan make noises, especially on a slim, it sounds like its revving up, then down.

ok so like i said my 4gb slim would probably be swapped with a jtaggeable console.

i still cant understand how to update thoug, whats freeboot and how do i create an image..., if there is a guide to it please refer me to it.
and again, which harddrives can i put instead of my internal memory, and how to do it?

Edited by darakm, 26 January 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#6 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(darakm @ Jan 27 2012, 03:14 AM) View Post

ok so like i said my 4gb slim would probably be swapped with a jtaggeable console.

i still cant understand how to update thoug, whats freeboot and how do i create an image..., if there is a guide to it please refer me to it.
and again, which harddrives can i put instead of my internal memory, and how to do it?

Honestly unless the 360 jtag he wants to swap with you is a jasper model (late 2008, 150w ? psu) then dont swap. If you cant grasp whats in the guides then i suggest you get someone else to do it for you, its easy to kill your 360 if you dont know what you are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users