• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ok, let me start by saying thanks for this forum. I have done so much reading on exploits, mods, bios, patchers, versions, hacks that i have simply lost my training of though.....simply got to the point of confusion of exactly how to get my xbox the way i want it.
This is what i want out of my xbox and all i care about......
PLAY EMULATIONS and to play them off of dvd or cds becuase i dont want to get a bigger hard drive but i will get harddrive if i must.

I have the focus chip inside my xbox,
k 1.00.5713.01
d 1.00.5960.01

I have been reading thru all the softmodding and when i start seeing the different types of kernels and dashboards, i got lost.

Im simply asking, could someone plz link me and till me exactly what exploit to use, what dashboard to use and bios.
What does "my" xbox need to make it use emulations.
I know this is as newb of a thread as it gets, but i have simply tried to read thru the forums or wouldnt even know what kernel or dashboards or bios was. I just got worried i wont use that right ones for my specific xbox.

i will get whatever game i need for exploits and i have AR on my pc and my controller i wired to be able to use a thumbflash. I cant get AR on PC to pick up on the flash though even though i have replaced the numbers right in the USBview. But this is all i have done so far. i have downloaded Fosteel bios loader in a file on my pc, nkpatcher and ultimate dashboard....all downloaded onto my pc for now.
And yes, the xbox will transfer saves to the flash card. i never got an error when i plugged in the flash, it just simply let me use it

Edited by skipa27, 26 January 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

You don't need to worry about BIOSes of BIOS loaders, softmods don't use them.

You need Xplorer360 beta 6 instead of AR, and you need the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesaves, and an exploitable game.

#3 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

OK, i messed around and got xplorer360 beta 6 unzipped and opened. i see my usb card for my xbox i have rigged up.... i have downloaded krazie1.1.1 and i see the splinter cell saves.....when i go to SC i see.... config.xml and updatefiles (folder)...when i open udatefiles i see....config.xml, config2.xml and extras.xml....

in the explorer360 i found my partition (card) with file folder named 55530043. that folder contains another folder 00490f771334 , saveimage.xbx, titleimage.xbx, titlemeta.xbx, .....i click on oo490f771334 folder and i see savemeta.xbx, saveimage.xbx and armygame.sav...

what files from the sc folder do i put into my card.....and where or which folder from above in my card to i place these. (the armygame.sav is from a game that was n the internal memory and me just testing to see if i could move a file to my usb flash....

AND THANK YOU HEIMDALL for getting me in the right direction... i was getting overwhelmed by reading to much into everything.

Edited by skipa27, 26 January 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

It can be quite overwhelming, because there is so much old / misleading / contradictory advice out there, and there's always more than one way to achieve what you want. smile.gif

You need to erase the contents of the memory card, and replace them with the two numbered folders from the Krayzie 1.1.1 Splinter Cell gamesave installer - 5553000c and 21585554. You then put this in the Xbox, copy both gamesaves across using the MS Dash, then run the game and load the save. backup the eeprom, copy it to the MU, then select Basic install - Unleashx dashboard.

#5 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

i downladed krayzie1.1.1 and opened its contents. all i see is three game exploit folders and a krayzie ndure installer.... no numbered folders???
i feel stupid here...lol

i beleave i might have just downloaded the update kit but i cant find the file for the original ndureinstaller so i can update it with this update....

ms dash (im guessing is the xbox dashboard and move saves form my usb to the internal memory?)? eeprom? MU?...is this stuff i will see when i load the save thru the game?

im reading thru a long thread now....that pretty much talks about what im asking here...so i might find answer there

Edited by skipa27, 26 January 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Yes, it sounds as though you've downloaded the 1.1 to 1.1.1 update....

#7 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

having hard time finding 1.1

i went to the " Krayzie Ndure Installer (Gamesave Style), Official Thread" and i select "Krayzie Ndure Installer"
and it goes right back to that same thread...

guess i could state im using a windows pc to do this...

"Get yourself a copy of Krayzie's Ndure Installer at the "Usual Place" - guide here (if you use Firefox you can get ChatZilla and FireFTP instead of mIRC and FlashFXP)"

Usual place? thats the best i can find... sorry, i am new to this site

Edited by skipa27, 26 January 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yes, of course it goes back to the same thread. If you read the rules you'd realise that links to illegal software aren't allowed here, so you have to use Google plus any hints you are given ( wink.gif ) plus your imagination to find what you need.

#9 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

yeah, DUH... you think i would get a hint....

ok ,found file...do i have a pal or ntsc xbox...i think it ntsc

ok, i got the saves on the usb... is there something particular im suppose to do with the krayzie intaller besides just move the saves to my card? do i put game in now and load the save and go from there?

Edited by skipa27, 26 January 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jan 26 2012, 05:33 PM) View Post
...... copy both gamesaves across using the MS Dash, then run the game and load the save. Backup the eeprom, copy it to the MU, then select Basic install - Unleashx dashboard.

#11 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

THANK YOU

whats better....evolution x or unleash x for wanting to play my emulators?

Im at that screen to pick one... im dying here.. LOl

Edited by skipa27, 26 January 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jan 26 2012, 05:33 PM) View Post
copy both gamesaves across using the MS Dash, then run the game and load the save. backup the eeprom, copy it to the MU, then select Basic install - Unleashx dashboard.

#13 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

LMMFAO..... SURE ENOUGH you said that. HAHAHA. sorry... LMAO... im just getting excited and ahead of myself

you hAd TO BE SHACKING YOUR HEAD

Again, thanks for all the help!

#14 skipa27

skipa27

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

is it possible to transfer my roms from my pc by using xplorer360. Transfer the files from my pc to my usb via xplore360.? i tried it and it didnt work so you would think i know the answer to it BUT maybe im doing it wrong. i know of the other methods but this one would be easier for my if it worked...or can i save them to cd and load cd in the xbox and then copy them into the harddrive on the xbox

#15 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

FTP is the quickest and easiest method.

Xplorer360 will definitely work, but you're limited by the size of your USB stick.

CD/DVD will work, but the Xbox is very picky about what sorts of disc and format it will read - essentially anything other than DVD-R burned at 4x or slower is a bit suspect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users