stopbuggingme

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hi! Firstly, sorry for errors, but I'm just learning English language.

I have problem with my Xbox. DVD don't eject. It's motherboard problem I think, because I tried it on another console and DVD is OK.

On the motherboard I can't see any burned trace or resistor. Cables are plugged correctly.

Xbox doesn't show error.

Console is starting. When i pull "eject" button is flashing. I can heard a very short sound like click and that's all.

P.S. I bought console I i didn't check the DVD at all, because i know it's lens is broken. So i want to plug a PC DVD, but i do a mistake and after that i realized that DVD don't eject. I don't know if the DVD eject correctly before i tried to plug a PC DVD.

What do you suggest?

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Probably not the motherboard... did you try a different DVD drive in that xbox?

Give the xbox a tap above the dvd drive when you press eject and see what happens. It should function fine if you leave a disk in it.

Edited by Movax, 27 January 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#3 stopbuggingme

stopbuggingme

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Yes. I tried another drive. The same situation. I have also replaced cables and it didn't help.

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

The only suggestion I have then is to check the pe assembly: https://www.google.c...wer eject board

It also might be worth trying to eject the drive with XBMC. (If that works, it's likely the pe board.)

#5 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(stopbuggingme @ Jan 26 2012, 08:22 PM) View Post

I have problem with my Xbox. DVD don't eject. It's motherboard problem I think, because I tried it on another console and DVD is OK.
Your drive is fine.

QUOTE(stopbuggingme @ Jan 26 2012, 08:22 PM) View Post

Console is starting. When i pull "eject" button is flashing. I can heard a very short sound like click and that's all.
Your PE board is fine. Eject "press" is registering and click sound is the drive attempting to eject.

Possibly either a motherboard fault, or PSU fault. Try changing out the power supply with one from another xbox of same version, if possible.

#6 stopbuggingme

stopbuggingme

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

So... I find solution. I unplug "eject" pin from connector of PE. I connect it to microswitch in PC DVD drive and make switches like here
http://i114.photobuc...odvddrive-2.jpg

Actually DVD drive opens. The only disadventes is I must restart console after change of disc.

#7 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Read some of the links in the google link I created above.. there is a lot info about motherboard trace corrosion, could be your problem.. locate and look for corrosion around the PIC micro-controller, clean it up with isopropyl alcohol.

Edited by Movax, 27 January 2012 - 11:20 PM.

#8 ploggy

ploggy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Dvd tray sticking is a common problem but the causes maybe different. Have you tried opening up the drive and cleaning the elastic band thing? Doing this has fixed a few of mine in the past.

If that doesn't work the maybe the fault is a bit more serious (motherboard) but Iv'e never heard that before.

#9 stopbuggingme

stopbuggingme

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

I have got this xbox and i did't test it at all. Firstly i tried to plug modified LG GDR 8163 and I made a mistake with cables. Maybe I broke something on mobo then. I won't use an original drive, so my solution with PC DVD is OK for me (or rather my friend who i will sell it smile.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users