#1 geotizzle

geotizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

I'm currently putting together a new computer in a Danger Den Tower 29 Double Deep. My goal is to install my Xbox 360 SLIM on the other side similar to this image. I have a fair amount of experience building custom PCs and water cooling systems but am relatively new to modding XBOX 360s. Can anyone explain to me how the Xbox 360 has been setup in this image? How much modding is involved in this process? I believe it's from Origin's Big O computer.

Thanks for the help!

#2 xbox-enthusiast786

xbox-enthusiast786

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Interests:xbox 360 consoles modifying, fixing phones and chit chatting wid mates
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:16 AM

Firstly Welcome to the forums smile.gif

Ok, ive never done a pc and motherboard and a xbox in one but i have thought about it and its slightly complicated when you look at how you want to give the xbox power, or how you are going to mount the dvd drive but in actual fact its nothing you can't do. Its just something that will take time and research on how stuff works for me anyway tongue.gif

I have however on the older 360s wired a 4 pin molex to it and used a 203w power supply instead of a 175w so I got to use a pump, about 3 fans and some lights and stuff on it without a hefty pc powersupply.

See if theres a way of using the pc power supply for the xbox as well maybe? Im not sure.

Another thing you need to take into consideration is the way you want video to be outputted on the system? I.e either having a switcher to one monitor or having two outputs to your lcd (hdmi and vga) just depends on ur setup.

Watercooling the xbox is no differant to any other chip you watercool, I would get some ram type square heatsinks to place on a few chips to help the heat dissapation though.

I want to do this myself but I just cba any more. Lol

#3 geotizzle

geotizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

So i found some good tutorials: * Powering method * Xbox360 and PS3 in a PC case Mod * New Xbox 360 teardown * Xbox - PC Case Mod
This should hep out quite a bit. Now the only thing I'm curious about is that in the image on my original post, the motherboard is set with the ports facing down, with cables coming out of them. Not sure where they are going...

Edited by geotizzle, 29 January 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#4 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(geotizzle @ Jan 29 2012, 11:14 AM) View Post

So i found some good tutorials: * Powering method * Xbox360 and PS3 in a PC case Mod * New Xbox 360 teardown * Xbox - PC Case Mod
This should hep out quite a bit. Now the only thing I'm curious about is that in the image on my original post, the motherboard is set with the ports facing down, with cables coming out of them. Not sure where they are going...

Im confused about what you are asking. The motherboard is mounted on some sort of tray and the cables must just come out of the case somewhere like a I/O port.

#5 geotizzle

geotizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(ozzylow @ Jan 28 2012, 06:39 PM) View Post

Im confused about what you are asking. The motherboard is mounted on some sort of tray and the cables must just come out of the case somewhere like a I/O port.

So the wires run into a separate I/O Port mounted on the back of the case... Where can I buy and I/O port that could do that?

#6 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(geotizzle @ Jan 30 2012, 02:28 PM) View Post

So the wires run into a separate I/O Port mounted on the back of the case... Where can I buy and I/O port that could do that?

Make it yourself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users