• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mcraenz

mcraenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

Just thought I'd share how I finally got my Key dumped, SPI unlocked and FW written.

I mainly just followed this tutorial which is very good.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=734490

The problem I had was that it was hard to get my drive into vendor mode. Turning the drive on and off just didn't work. I always got 0x51 or 0x80 or 0xD1.

As mentioned in the tutorial above a reboot after each time the drive is put into vendor mode is required. The problem is that when you do a "read firmware" in JF it sends the vendor mode more than once to complete the operation. After a reboot the first command is sent ok but of course the second time fails. In JF it's one continuous operation so you can't reboot in-between.

What I found when using the ICH10 eSATA port on my laptop is that putting the laptop into standby is enough to allow the vendor command to be sent again. So...any time you see the
"MTK Vendor mode failed, do you want to re-send" message:

1.Turn the drive off
2.Put the computer into sleep (S3)
3.Wake the computer up
4.Turn on the drive
5.Click "Yes" on the message

The drive will go back into vendor mode and everything works as it should.

Also I used 0.8mm drill bit in a tiny chuck and spun it by hand (with 100ohm resistor connected to 3.3v). I can't imagine using something as powerful as a dermal! I ended up with a clean tiny wee hole. It just took about 1 minute of drilling.

Hope this helps someone.

#2 RDubbs007

RDubbs007

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Did you turn around in a circle and do the chicken dance while the computer was going to sleep and waking back up?

Solution: Dont use a bloody Intel Chipset or any other crappy onboard when you can just use the x360usb pro and get it done right away.

#3 mcraenz

mcraenz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE(RDubbs007 @ Jan 31 2012, 09:02 AM)  

Did you turn around in a circle and do the chicken dance while the computer was going to sleep and waking back up?

Solution: Dont use a bloody Intel Chipset or any other crappy onboard when you can just use the x360usb pro and get it done right away.

Option A
1.Plug DVD drive into Intel eSATA port on laptop using existing power regulator I made ages ago for $3.
2.Muck around for a few hours until finding a consistent method for getting vendor mode.
3.Drill/unlock, read, flash, reassemble
4.Enjoy

Option B
1.Order x360USB Pro and pay tuns for shipping. (Not every person in the world lives in the USA)
2.Do a chicken dance for a few weeks while you wait for the x360USB Pro to arrive.
3.Repeat the steps above (excluding the mucking around for a few hours).
4.Enjoy

I think both options are valid. Wouldn't you say?

#4 RDubbs007

RDubbs007

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Option B would be more feasible if it were the hokey pokey instead of the chicken dance... for me anyways....

#5 alanewake

alanewake

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, I'll try this the next time
I got full dump problems with my Intel ICH 10R

#6 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE(RDubbs007 @ Jan 31 2012, 09:18 AM)  

Option B would be more feasible if it were the hokey pokey instead of the chicken dance... for me anyways....

when I was waiting for my usb device to reach home, the hokie pokie was the more feasible dance to do than the chicken dance...xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users