Photo

Well I Lost My Drive Key..any Options? Jtag?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frostedflames

Frostedflames

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

So this was my first attempt at flashing this xbox I it got from a friend. It's a older 360 Xenon with a Sammy H943 drive. During the first flash I did not know about drive keys (hurp) and didn't copy it to the target firmware and the backup Jungleflash containing the original key I deleted(DURP) I didn't full rtfm... and didn't know the importance of the drive key after about 5 mins of searching I understand its fubar for the most part but is there anything I could do to fix it I am open to buying chips and whatever is needed I just would like to know what options I have if any. Getting the key back from a backup is not possible its gone I wasn't aware of the key before it was too late noob mistake..

I was looking into JTAGing but the guides I found have broken diagrams http://www.free60.or...set_Glitch_Hack was looking around and found this http://www.diygadget...ity-bundle.html but im not sure if its what I would need

well any help would be appreciated

#2 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

facepalm!!

first off you cannot RGH a Xenono console so stop searching for how to do it, cant be done. it can only be JTAGGED.

you can only JTAG your xenon if the dashboard kernal version is 7371 or lower

check it in settings

if its more than 7371 then the xbox is fucked and completely useless and is only useful as a dvd player or for parts

lesson? dont be so eager and read up before you jump in feet first

and how the hell did you miss the big warning that pops up prior to flashing in JF if you HAVENT copied keys and ID string over to target?

JF is pretty foolproof!! guess not theres always one!!

Edited by Gazc0igne, 01 February 2012 - 04:35 PM.

#3 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

Deleting the file is not necessarily the end of the world as files can be recovered. I would recommend trying to recover the file on the PC which you used before doing anything else.

Is the key in the Jungle Flasher key database? Did you save the Jungle Flasher log?

#4 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Feb 1 2012, 11:33 AM) View Post
first off you cannot RGH a Xenono console so stop searching for how to do it, cant be done. it can only be JTAGGED.

patience, i've heard. uber@t-x posted a screenshot of xell entitled xenon_rgh.jpg.

i'm not going to speculate as to whether or not he was trolling, as it was included with teases about DemoN and corona, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users