4 replies to this topic

#1 jtf87

jtf87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hi all

simple question really but one i have no idea about, im just in the process of having the local store upgrade my flash to play the newest games since it wasnt accepting the latest games. Anyways the console has never been online before, but i wanted to ask, is it possible to go online and recover my gamertag then simply play copied games while offline to avoid getting my console or account banned? I know its silly but i like my gamerscore and profile so i would like to keep that going, i had a legit console before and played legit back in England but that is very hard to do here now i am living in China as you can buy official games anywhere but only copied games, the same goes for dvds and music in this country, nowhere sells this stuff officialy. What kind of risk do i take by going online with my modified firmware? Will live try and force me to update? Etc

Many thanks in advance

Jtf87

#2 mouseym

mouseym

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(jtf87 @ Feb 1 2012, 06:39 PM) View Post
Hi all

simple question really but one i have no idea about, im just in the process of having the local store upgrade my flash to play the newest games since it wasnt accepting the latest games. Anyways the console has never been online before, but i wanted to ask, is it possible to go online and recover my gamertag then simply play copied games while offline to avoid getting my console or account banned? I know its silly but i like my gamerscore and profile so i would like to keep that going, i had a legit console before and played legit back in England but that is very hard to do here now i am living in China as you can buy official games anywhere but only copied games, the same goes for dvds and music in this country, nowhere sells this stuff officialy. What kind of risk do i take by going online with my modified firmware? Will live try and force me to update? Etc

Many thanks in advance

Jtf87

As long as the games are verifiable using abgx360 then going online is fine.

#3 jtf87

jtf87

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

is it safe to go online with my backups not in the console when i am online, then go offline and play backups offline, then play originals online? Or does microsoft have a way of storing the game data? I dont care about playing online but just going online once in a while to allow my gamertag to update its gamerscore etc on the internet...

#4 tomlo53

tomlo53

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hey friend I do not having a great knowledge regarding this topic sorry i am unable to say you anything but when i ever have any knowledge about this topic i will surely come back and once again sorry for not able to helping you.

#5 xpyr0x

xpyr0x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

I go online or stay logged in live when playing backups all the time, I've not been banned. Then again every xgd3 burn has been verified and scanned with kprobe 2 before using to be within acceptable ranges. Only had xbox for a few months so far, but hey if they ban me, its the cost of 1 retail disc AND I get to pawn the old xbox, so honestly I'm not the slightest bit worried about a ban. Other than the hassle of having to mod another one...

edit: I should probably mention, using phat arcade jasper with lite on drive, LT+ 3.0, modded 20gb drive to 120gb with hddhackr. Gamestop or whoever worked on the console before me also spliced in a 12v fan mod onto the dvd wire set... Its a bit noisy, but it never gets hot.

Edited by xpyr0x, 27 February 2012 - 02:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users