5 replies to this topic

#1 Hercules Man

Hercules Man

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hi, I have a Phat liteOn Drive 16d2s stock fw 83850c which got updated to 02510c, i used the pogo mo thoin method to extract the data into a dummy.bin using phat key in jungleflasher, this went ok. Then i clicked on write, the write process got to bank 3 and then the jungleflasher s/w froze(not responding). Drive now seems bricked, Just getting status 0x80 in Jungleflasher when i try to erase the drive, is there anyway of getting back into vendor mode to erase it.

Win 7 32Bit
JungleFlasher v0.1.91 Beta (300)
via 6421a
X360 ck3 pro connected to Via6421a

Many Thanks

H MAn

Edited by Hercules Man, 02 February 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#2 Hercules Man

Hercules Man

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

I managed to sort it out, the culprit was the via6421a card locking up during the write process and then would not even recognize the drive no matter what i tried. Switched to onboard Nvidia nforce4 sata and i was in vendor mode with no problems, wrote fw and all is good.

Via seems a problem for me in Windows, although works fine in dos, and i even removed vsmraid.sys and re enabled the device in device manager, i thought i had covered everything, maybe installing a via driver was the answer as i was just using a windows driver afaik, there is no entry for via in add/remove and nothing for via starts on win startup, but what would be the point in installing a driver if it only gets disabled in device manager? maybe someone has a logical answer, but for now, im sticking with Nforce

H MAn

#3 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

i had similar issues with same VIA 6421 heres how you fix it for windows 7

go to device manager and right click the via card and diable it

then browse to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\

find and delete the vmraid.sys file

go back to device manager and enable the port, it should then have a yellow symbol with exclamation mark on it

RESTART your computer and then open device manager and make sure the yellow symbol with exclamation mark is still beside the via card

windows will not see or be able to use any device attached to the port, but JF should be able to see it and use it without error or freezing.

ps if you were using windows driver you need to install via driver first, restart PC then do the above or else the system will keep on reverting to the windows driver.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

awesome discovery gaz. they should put this in the jf tut or maybe even auto link a tut in irc if someone says freeze...

#5 Hercules Man

Hercules Man

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Feb 7 2012, 03:47 PM) View Post

i had similar issues with same VIA 6421 heres how you fix it for windows 7

go to device manager and right click the via card and diable it

then browse to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\

find and delete the vmraid.sys file

go back to device manager and enable the port, it should then have a yellow symbol with exclamation mark on it

RESTART your computer and then open device manager and make sure the yellow symbol with exclamation mark is still beside the via card

windows will not see or be able to use any device attached to the port, but JF should be able to see it and use it without error or freezing.

ps if you were using windows driver you need to install via driver first, restart PC then do the above or else the system will keep on reverting to the windows driver.

As you can already read in my post, i already disabled the device and removed vsmraid.sys then re enabled the device in device manager, got the yellow exclamation so i knew it was windows disabled, yet i got a freeze up writing bank 3 and after that windows would not see the drive on the via card obviously because the driver was disabled, so this confirms that the driver must have been disabled in windows as nothing was detected on that port which for mine is 0x8c00, anyhow like i say nforce ftw

H MAn

#6 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

I had the exact same issues for ages, and one day it simply started to work flawlessly, after i had sunk 40 on a x360usbpro too ffs.

did you restart the computer?

that is required.

my PC runs 24 hours a day 7 days a week unless restarted by updates. once i restarted my PC it worked flawlessly.

@iateshaggy: im fully aware that it is in the JF tut, no need for the sarcasm, l i was only trying to be helpful.

Edited by Gazc0igne, 09 February 2012 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users