Photo

How To Use External Hd With Glitchd Console?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keir123

Keir123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

Hi,

I recently got my 350 'Glitched' and it now boots to freestyle dash 2.0. My mate lent me his 1TB SATA drive with a couple of 'GOD' format games on it. It's FAT32 and the file structure is something like content, then a load of zeros, then the games (something like that, he says it's fine for a glitched console anyways)

I assumed that I would then be able to see the games in the dash by putting the SATA drive in an enclosure, and connectting this via USB to one of the front ports on the Xbox.

The box doesnt appear to see anything, so I reckon one of 2 things is wrong:

1 - My enclosure is in fact also a basic MKV/AVI etc media player, and the box/dash doesn't like this. I didn't think it would be a problem (when you connect it to a PC it appears as an external drive in the normal way), but maybe it is?

2 - I have to set up a path of some sort for the dash to 'see' the drive. If this is the case is there a tut anywhere on this? I tried to 'make dir' called 'E:' (th name of the drive) as a path but it didn't appear in the paths after that...

Thanks all.

#2 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Put usb drive into Xbox, then start FSD, then in the settings in FSD add the correct path, probably something like E:/Content/0000000000000000 then have the sub folder setting to a minimum of 2. Then do a manual scan to detect the games. Reboot FSD if it doesnt show up in the paths. If your path was just E: you would have to set the sub folder setting higher say 5 for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users