• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hello all xbox-scene members.

I have currently been browsing the internet looking for a mod i can do at home. Well i found one that will be the best thing i have done in ages. My very first mod was a controller. Painted and changed the lights etc. Anyway way moving on. The mod i am taking on is.... An XBOX 360 Premium in a ICUTE turbine edition case.

Now during the planning of this mod i fell into a couple of problems. But i got the help of a really good modder. His name is Timofiend... The creator of the one and only Xbox 360 & PS3 in one computer case.

Now the problems i fell into were powering the fans. Without them the turbine fan and all that will not be keeping the XBOX 360 cool. So we had a chat and decided that a 300 watt PC power supply would do the trick. Yes I know it is very high power for just fans but is it. I will be adding more fans and of course they are LED and it will only draw the right amount of power to power the fans.

The next issue was fitting it in the case. I then decided to drill some holes into the mother board tray. (It easily slides out from the case). Now I am deciding on leaving the motherboard in its original tray and then mounting it to the mother board tray of the computer. Simple.

Now the problem we can't solve. The Hard Drive positioning. He has used the new 4GB machine meaning on board flash memory. I am not spending 150+ just to take it apart so i decided to go with the premium 20GB. I will be purchasing a 120GB from either Amazon or GameStation. See i have dismantled the Hard Drive to reveal the 2.5Inch laptop Hard Drive. I have unhooked all the cables and unfortunately the cable is small. Now i am thinking i will drill a hole through the main chassis of the case and thread the small cable through and then tie the Hard Drive to the back with a couple of cable ties or something. If you have any other ideas on how to extend the cables be my guest and leave your comments.

Now in the next post i will start posting up some pics. If you could tell me how to post images to the forum without you having to click links i will be happy.

Please take time to read my signature and visit my newest forum. TIMOFIEND is a member there so plenty of help is available.

Cheers guys

Ryan

Edited by XBOXMODDERINNEED, 02 February 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#2 XBOXMODDERINNEED

XBOXMODDERINNEED

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Modding of course!!!!!!!!
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hello guys,

Just a quick update here are the images of all the items i will be using with this mod. Here you will find the prices and where i am getting them from. Most of these items are available worldwide to so don't think you can't do this mod.

Paper clips

http://www.staples.c...in-1000-pack?r=

ATX PC POWER SUPPLY

http://www.maplin.co...er-supply-32149

ICUTE Jet Turbine ATX PC Case

http://www.maplin.co...x-pc-case-48124

XBOX 360 Premium 60GB Machine

http://www.gamestati...dentifier=12655

#3 Mr_G

Mr_G

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(XBOXMODDERINNEED @ Feb 2 2012, 04:57 PM) View Post

Hello all xbox-scene members.

Now in the next post i will start posting up some pics. If you could tell me how to post images to the forum without you having to click links i will be happy.

Use the tags [ img ] [ /img ]

For example [ img ]insert link here[ /img ]

But remove the spaces between the [ ] and the letters img. It won't let me post the full code as the forum gets confused as to why there is no link.

Edited by Mr_G, 02 February 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Posting links to things you plan to use and where you purchased them, as well as pimping your site, isn't going to fly around here. The Case / Hardware section here is for showing off the actual work people have done, how too do said work, or ask questions, this thread has none of that.

If you have something useful to post then please do so, but this isn't a tutorial for anything.

As far as images go, like Mr_G has pointed out you can use the IMG tags, or upload your pics to a site like PhotoBucket, ImageShack or the like and use the links they provide already setup with the IMG tags. Please keep images to around 1024 or so in width also.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users