• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.2 Beta3
Posted by XanTium | February 2 19:48 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From wasabi360.com:

We have released Wasabi 360 Ultra firmware v1.2 BETA 3 which includes the following changes:

* Supports iXtreme LT v3 AP25 topology data from disc image
* Fixed a bug which resulted in the auto-extracted drive key not being permanently saved in rare cases

Official Site: http://wasabi360.com
Download: here
Buy Now: Wasabi360 FAT | Wasabi360 Slim

#2 darkdreamr

darkdreamr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

anyone having issues with this update not working? i keep getting flashing red white lights.

#3 furiousrage

furiousrage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(darkdreamr @ Feb 2 2012, 10:51 PM) View Post

anyone having issues with this update not working? i keep getting flashing red white lights.

I haven't got around to installing this update yet.
Have you previously been able to install firmware updates to the Wasabi360?
If so have you since formatted or changed external drives?

#4 rperez6

rperez6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

Works perfect, thanks team wasabi. I was one of those rare cases that wasn't saving the key.bin to the wasabi board. Just put it in bypass while off the started while holding select got blue lights and bam works perfect.

#5 darkdreamr

darkdreamr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

well on another post someone said that GPT wont work. so i dug out a old HD. formatted it properly.. but now when i update.. i get a blinking blue/red light when i try to update... i didnt have this issue updating to beta 2. but thats before i fully formated the 3tb drive .. before it was partitioned to a 2tb and 1tb for some reason.. the other drive i am using is 500gb. it should work. but i dont know what the blue/red flashing light is.

i thought maybe the update was done.. but it still wont save my key

for some reason having the files inside the wasabi and in the root worked.. previously i kept it only in the wasabi folder like it said.. well it works now. fun

#6 KingSyze

KingSyze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(rperez6 @ Feb 3 2012, 05:13 AM) View Post

Works perfect, thanks team wasabi. I was one of those rare cases that wasn't saving the key.bin to the wasabi board. Just put it in bypass while off the started while holding select got blue lights and bam works perfect.

ha ha, i was one of those rare cases too! i had sent them an email reporting the error, glad they came around and fixed it. great support guys.

#7 athlonoc

athlonoc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'm assuming the update has worked. It flashes blue three times then turns green.

I have been in contact with wasabi support and they reckon holding down the up button while booting the xbox will then confrim which firmware is loaded in the iso folder ( where games normally are stored ). Anyone managed to get this to show the firmware as I can't at all.

They then said it may be a faulty button but after taking it to pieces the pad pops fine.

So anyone managed to see their firmware in the iso menu?

Lee

#8 mputten

mputten

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(KingSyze @ Feb 3 2012, 05:51 AM) View Post

ha ha, i was one of those rare cases too! i had sent them an email reporting the error, glad they came around and fixed it. great support guys.

Rare cases? 9 out 10 Wasabi X360S we sold didn't permasave the key.bin. But the new beta update works better.

For those wo can't update. Check our vid @ Youtube about updating and key.bin extract for Wasabi X360S

But there still problems. Like passtrough not working. 1 out of 3 wasabi X360 for fat has a flaw.

We advise our customers to take Xk3y for fat.

#9 falconsfan

falconsfan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

Not working for me either...blue/red flashing. 1st Gen phat with hitachi drive. beta 2 worked ok. Never have been able to get xgd3 games to work though. *sigh* Would be a great product if it worked like advertised EVEN for phat models.

UPDATE: Changed xml doc by assigning isos in its own directory instead of root and tried flashing again, and it worked this time. I can't believe that's what did it, but I'm not complaining. Now I wonder if this will make my current XGD3 iso's work. I'll keep you posted.

Edited by falconsfan, 05 February 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#10 falconsfan

falconsfan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:37 AM

Update #2. Still no go with XGD3 sad.gif

#11 tommy1981

tommy1981

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

i have a new xbox 360 4gb slim console with the wasabi 360 and a 16D4S drive, i took it right out of the box and installed the wasabi 360 and updated to v1.2beta 3- resident evil 5 and the new batman say corrupt after playing for about 15mins, has anyone else been having problems. batman says corrupt files right after the "2 face scene" and then right after looking at bullet holes. does it everytime. thanks to anyone that can help me with this. Resident evil gives a disk read error after the cinemas at the begenning. then when i skip the cinemas it just sets and trys to load for ever and gives you the history of resident evil writing. Also does anyone know if we can or how to use downloaded content with a wasabi 360. Thank you again to all for any help

Edited by tommy1981, 05 February 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#12 mputten

mputten

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(falconsfan @ Feb 5 2012, 05:37 AM) View Post

Update #2. Still no go with XGD3 sad.gif

Try to flash your Hitachi with 78 or 79 firmware with manual spoofed key into that firmware.

Please report if it works. Otherwise you need to change your drive to BenQ or LiteOn.

Edited by mputten, 05 February 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#13 tommy1981

tommy1981

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

Update- Got batman AC working, and I re-updated my wasabi and it seems to be working lots better. I'm. Also used a shorter esata cable. Still would like to know if there is a way to use the downloaded content with these games. Is there a way to add dlc to a Xbox formatted jump drive to be used with the wasabi 360. Thank you

#14 flubke01

flubke01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Hi Guys.

Something very weird is going on .. I've got the 1.2 BETA 3 loaded without any problems.
But when I select an ISO an try to EJECT at home screen I can see the ISO is READING, but the next notice is: OPEN TRAY. That should be PLAY GAME. I've tried to load about 7 different ISO's and all go to OPEN TRAY. It seems that the ISO's aren't read. Also tried the lower FW's, but same issue ..

Anyone Please ?? Got an answer for me ??

Wasabi 360 for Phat Xbox installed, Pass-through works. Mixed Media disc is displayed and I can see the list of ISO's. I also can select them, but loading them is the problem .. Not one game worked fot me until now ..

ThnX

Flubke

#15 tommy1981

tommy1981

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Got everything working, it updates easy. Playing all backups flawlessly. Just one question has anyone been able to play any dlc with a USB drive been using 16 gb sandisk cruzer . Everytime I try to use dlc with batman AC it tells me it is Corrupt. Added it with USB xplorer version44. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users