• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

Hey everyone, I've been referencing these forums for all my Xbox 360 hacking and repair needs, and I finally have a big obsticle I cannot figure out...

A friend of mine got the rrod when he turned on his console... I installed an x clamp replacement with the washers andall' naturally it fired right up! But it brought me to a screen telling me to insert my hard drive to complete the update.

I deciphered the second set of hex numbers in the error code, and it looks like unit wants to update to 13577... thus isn't the latest obviously, but I tried 13577 and the latest firmware from Microsoft on a USB drive. And a CD rom... it checks them and reports again that I am to reinsert my hard drive.... its been months, maybe a year, but my friend still has the same hared drive, and hasn't formatted it or anything like that.... would reinserting it into this Xbox here make it finally update? Or are the update files on the hard drive long gone? He's 2 hours away so that's why I won't just try it without any ideas from the people lol.

Thanks non advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users