amishelectrician

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hi all.
I recently flashed my 1.2 with Ind bios off of the latest Hexen disc. I had upgraded to an 80gb HDD running XBMC no sweat, modified the bios to skip the Xbox flubber and also skip DVD check. All was peaceful in the world. Everything worked awesome when the DVD was disconnected. Ready for a slimbox, right? Wrong...
Well, now I upgraded to a 160gb HDD. Placed my bios config file in C: like I had in my 80gd drive, but this time when my DVD player is disconnected I freeze after the Bios loads. I don't even make it to the flubber screen. Very strange. Why is this happening? Ive reflashed with the "G only" option and also with the "F and G flash" option and both have the same outcome. This is poopy. Help!
Thanks,
Billy

Edited by amishelectrician, 05 February 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#2 MrMajst3r

MrMajst3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Have you tried to modify BIOS again to turn off DVD check? Have you set the HDD to Master?

#3 amishelectrician

amishelectrician

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

The bios config was FTP'd over from my computer in the same state as it was with my 80gb, so all the changes are exactly the same for my 160gb. The jumper settings on the other hand I will have to check once I get home and crack open my xbox. I think they my be on "cable select". Thanks for the quick reply. I'll follow up soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users