• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

Dual NAND Support for Squirt360
Posted by XanTium | February 5 23:10 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From the Squirt360 Team:

Here some nice news about the SQUIRT 360 RGH chips, we are now able to manage the CHIP SELECT and use the SYNC BUTTON to switch between NANDs.

We are happy to show you the first SQUIRT DUAL NAND firmware at work (compatible with all squirt versions).
Here you can view a nice video made by the squirt developers:

Here you can download the TUTORIAL for the installation.
The BITSTREAM 100% compatible with the SLIM 360 consoles will be online tomorrow here.

SQUIRT 360 will release a nice NAND PCB with a 16 Mbyte HYNIX NAND onboard and simple PADS for the connections soon.
Right now we suggest to use the NAND PCB 16Mbyte produced by the PROGSKEET team or buy and connect a standard HYNIX TSOP nand.

Official Site: http://www.360squirt.com

#2 wmb88

wmb88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

read your tutorial and found the CE track still needs to be cut.

obviously you guys can't do what the cygnos360 V2 has done, that does not require the cut.

#3 crisdo98

crisdo98

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE(wmb88 @ Feb 6 2012, 06:50 AM) View Post

read your tutorial and found the CE track still needs to be cut.

obviously you guys can't do what the cygnos360 V2 has done, that does not require the cut.

Agree, not great to have to cut this point and this product is definitely inferior to the Cygnos but hopefully it won't be as high priced. Shame Cygnos team have vanished, not replying to emails and seldomn see them in their own forum. Granted their product was never super popular but if they were to start manufacturing again I'm sure it would really take off despite their claim of 'increase in the costs of parts'.

I think I have the last 5 cygnos chips in the world biggrin.gif

Edited by crisdo98, 06 February 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#4 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

so this is the same as using a cygnos v1 xd card or any other 2nd nand with any glitch chip thats been about for ages only they have it hooked to sync button for the switch with a new jed using the extra pins

witch again will run on any glitch chip as they all use the same hardware

so anyway ce needs to be lifted and what about s/b reset... ill wait for demon

#5 numlockhome

numlockhome

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Can anyone give me one legitimate reason why one would benefit of having dual nands?

#6 Smok3y666

Smok3y666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

To allow for homebrew and online play?

#7 numlockhome

numlockhome

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Is it really safe? I mean, wouldn“t you have to change harddrive everytime you wanted to go online with the original nand? I mean, alot of homebrew is using achievements, that would be easily detectable by microsoft. My point is, if you take all this in consideration, wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a second xbox? Here in Sweden they had them for 99USD this christmas.

#8 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(numlockhome @ Feb 6 2012, 11:58 AM) View Post

Is it really safe? I mean, wouldn“t you have to change harddrive everytime you wanted to go online with the original nand? I mean, alot of homebrew is using achievements, that would be easily detectable by microsoft. My point is, if you take all this in consideration, wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a second xbox? Here in Sweden they had them for 99USD this christmas.

if ur that scared setup dashlauch to boot fsd from usb not internal and use a offline profile on a mc for rgh simples

its a bit overkill really as u could sell a used hdd with rgh stuff still on to somone that isnt moded
would it really be fare for ms to scan his hdd and ban just because of rgh content he couldnt even use

#9 X4life3

X4life3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

If you have to cut the CE track you might as well make a nandwich instead. I dont like having to push the sync button, id rather flip a switch.

#10 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

the amount of money you'd be spending on the product AND if you pay some to do the work then its probably not worth the hassle. buying a new xbox is a much better option. you can find them on craigslist for like 80 now lol..

just saying.

#11 luke69

luke69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(crisdo98 @ Feb 6 2012, 10:27 AM) View Post

Agree, not great to have to cut this point and this product is definitely inferior to the Cygnos but hopefully it won't be as high priced. Shame Cygnos team have vanished, not replying to emails and seldomn see them in their own forum. Granted their product was never super popular but if they were to start manufacturing again I'm sure it would really take off despite their claim of 'increase in the costs of parts'.

I think I have the last 5 cygnos chips in the world biggrin.gif

In Italy there are still a lot of Cygnos V2 Rev.E tongue.gif

#12 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Feb 6 2012, 04:20 PM) View Post

the amount of money you'd be spending on the product AND if you pay some to do the work then its probably not worth the hassle. buying a new xbox is a much better option. you can find them on craigslist for like 80 now lol..

just saying.

well no if you buy 2 360s one for rgh one for live ur still need a rgh chip for one anyway
a 2nd nand is like £5 compaired to ur 80 for a complete 2nd console smile.gif

#13 drezdeman

drezdeman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Lets see what the DemoN muhaha.gif has to offer when its released. Props to squirt though to jump ahead of Xecuter to get those early dual nand buyers.

#14 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

Excellent work guys +1 If I can find a way to use our own SPI standard then I will start using these for all dual nand installs(assuming price is reasonable) I have never liked the other means of switching TBH, and I reckon it is to blame for more than one bad block, AND/OR NAND corruption. I like the neat way u have put it together. It all looks very practical to me, just don't make me pay for an SPI I don't need (maybe do an SPI break-out aPCB or something (assuming ur PCB makes it difficult otherwise, which it probably doesn't , I'm just mentioning this incase as I didn't get such a good look in the vid :-)

Edited by danthaman673, 06 February 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#15 PaddyPat

PaddyPat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

Wow and you only have to solder like 3 wires (1:55)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users