ryknow27

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

I have a USB Nand Flasher I bought in early 2010. I believe it was from Modchip Central. It has the seven wires pre-soldered on it. I used it to do a Jtag on my Elite Falcon and it has been sitting in my drawer since then. I need to know, will this work on the newer slim 360s to read/write the nand or do I have to buy a newer nand flasher like the Nandx?
Thanks

#2 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

It should work just fine, I still use the DB25 LPT cable to perform this. I suggest you use Nandpro 2.0 as I don't think that will support 3.0.

#3 ryknow27

ryknow27

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE(krizalid @ Feb 7 2012, 12:36 AM) View Post

It should work just fine, I still use the DB25 LPT cable to perform this. I suggest you use Nandpro 2.0 as I don't think that will support 3.0.

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try.

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

I would watch out for the correct points though. If you don't follow the steps exactly..you could wind up with a shorted out nand. ANd thats a problem. I know other people have gotten confused. easily. Especially people not familiar with these sort of things. If you know what youre doing then fine. But since the points are different than the fats, I'd double check before 'cutting'. Measure twice before cutting. or in this case connecting the power to the nand reader.

I have the maximus QSB 2.1 for the slims, that makes the thinking about location of points pretty straightforward. If youre using a maximus nandflasher.

#5 ryknow27

ryknow27

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Feb 7 2012, 02:49 AM) View Post

I would watch out for the correct points though. If you don't follow the steps exactly..you could wind up with a shorted out nand. ANd thats a problem. I know other people have gotten confused. easily. Especially people not familiar with these sort of things. If you know what youre doing then fine. But since the points are different than the fats, I'd double check before 'cutting'. Measure twice before cutting. or in this case connecting the power to the nand reader.

I have the maximus QSB 2.1 for the slims, that makes the thinking about location of points pretty straightforward. If youre using a maximus nandflasher.

Thanks for your input. I have been doing a lot of research and haven't found out exactly where to do the soldering, or at least not in a way i could understand, so I will be purchasing a new nand flasher today. Are there any real differences between the Maximus and Xecuter as far as nand flashers go? I have been using the 360 Xtractor Pro from Maximus for years now and never had any problems and have used a lot of Xecuter products in the Xbox 1 days (Xecuter2 and X3 Modchips).

Edited by ryknow27, 07 February 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#6 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

I've also used both products and I prefer Xecuter... but that's me! Nice thing about the NAND-X is that it can also program the Coolrunner if you ever go that route.

#7 ryknow27

ryknow27

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(cRaCKwHoRe @ Feb 7 2012, 12:50 PM) View Post

I've also used both products and I prefer Xecuter... but that's me! Nice thing about the NAND-X is that it can also program the Coolrunner if you ever go that route.

Thanks...I think that is the one I will be going with.

#8 Harbinger076

Harbinger076

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:XDK<br />RGLoader<br />Homebrew
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(cRaCKwHoRe @ Feb 7 2012, 11:50 AM) View Post

QUOTE(ryknow27 @ Feb 7 2012, 03:17 PM) View Post

Thanks...I think that is the one I will be going with.

so the discussion is not biased.. the maximus nandflasher is also capiable of programming CPLDs (glitch chips)

#9 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(Harbinger076 @ Feb 7 2012, 02:21 PM) View Post

so the discussion is not biased.. the maximus nandflasher is also capiable of programming CPLDs (glitch chips)

exactly Maximus nandflasher can program CPLD's. i have done it a few times to HKE green pcb coolrunners.
I use maximus products.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users