• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bobbydharrell

bobbydharrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Just so all know, I am an XBOX NOOB, I did have a PSP GO that was hacked (by me) so I do understand somethings.

I just bought an Xbox 360, it came with a Flashed Hard Drive. My question is this, I bought Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster for my kid, when I put the disc in it said I had to install an Update. On the PSP this was a bad thing. If I install the update will it mess up the Flashed Drive? If so what is the proper method of updating so I can play a newer/bought game?

#2 hotshotz79

hotshotz79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

all i can tell you is that i had a flashed drive, when i downloaded the update from official site, installed via USB... the new dashboard update returned my drive to stock.. so i could not play backups anymore... but i wanted to do that, so i can re-flash my drive to latest iXtreme FW 3.0

#3 bobbydharrell

bobbydharrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

How would I go about re-flashing? Simple guide please :-)

#4 hotshotz79

hotshotz79

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

Well.. honestly.. i recommend you go thru 2-3 videos on youtube... and go thru Jungle Flasher guide (google it) their PDF guides you where to click.. so you cant follow the wrong steps for different drives.

I can tell you how i flashed mine, recently;
(Mine was a Phat 360, latest dashboard, LiteOn drive 83850 0251, flashed with LT+ 3.0 FW

1. Open up X360
2. Connect 360 DVD-Drive to PC via SATA VIA card
3. Power On the 360, Eject Tray, then Close Tray and immediately take out power cable from dvd drive, and plug again to have the dvd tray half open.
4. Run Jungle Flasher
5. Click PhatKey
6. Use Probe 3 (i think only needed for LiteOn drive) to touch the DVD drive board
7. Key is extracted within seconds
8. Now we spoof it (meaning, you put that original Key of yours onto a custom firmware (iXtreme LT+ 3.0 in this case)
9. Once you create the xtreme firmware with your key embedded into it, click Erase
10. click Write
11. Done

so summary is;
Connect the 360 to your PC >>
Extract Key >>
Transfer Key onto the custom fw >>
Erase your stock FW >>
Write the new custom FW

For you, step 1 is to figure out which dvd drive you have, then continue from there using Jungle Flasher
Step 2 would be to make sure you have ability to connect your 360 to PC (thru VIA card or CK3 Pro/Lite)
Step 3 would be the above summary i posted

#5 bobbydharrell

bobbydharrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

Thanks! .. I need to get me a SATA cable then .. My PC already has an external SATA port.

Thanks again!

#6 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

actually, hotshotz was in a bit of a different siituation because he has an older console that had not been updated in years.

there is a distinction between dashboard updates and title updates. a dashboard update from that game may be ok though. it depends...

if OP bought the console recently, and from a reputable modder, it should already be dash updated to at least the fall version with the dvd drive retail FW revision and reflashed latest FW. you will need to give more details before anyone can answer your questions properly OP. your seller should be a good start so just ask for details so you can handle your console. it would be best if you have the dvd key so you will not need a probe, but you also want to know the dash/fw version details.

at the very least, get the dash version from your console.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 09 February 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#7 bobbydharrell

bobbydharrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

System Info: Dashboard 2.0.12625.0

The person I bought it from said they were paying someone to update it whenever they needed, I dont know how long that has been.

This is my first Xbox, I was on the PSP Scene for a few years so I am no dummy, but I am a noob to the Xbox and the terms used. (i.e. I did not know it was a dashboard, I googled it lol, I was calling it main menu )

Thanks Guys!

#8 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE(bobbydharrell @ Feb 9 2012, 03:56 PM) View Post

System Info: Dashboard 2.0.12625.0

The person I bought it from said they were paying someone to update it whenever they needed, I dont know how long that has been.

This is my first Xbox, I was on the PSP Scene for a few years so I am no dummy, but I am a noob to the Xbox and the terms used. (i.e. I did not know it was a dashboard, I googled it lol, I was calling it main menu )

Thanks Guys!

ok you are going to need to find out the dvd model, read the dvd key (which may also require the purchase of add'l materials), restore the dvd FW to retail, accept the dashboard update and finally hack the dvd FW again. if your console is not banned, and if you want to retain the ability to play online, you should NOT accept any dash updates or use any workarounds that would enable that retail game to play without the FW update.

hotshotz numbered steps above will work if you have the same dvd model as he does. however, for XBL, 2 more steps between 6 and 7 would be to restore the FW to retail and then update the dash.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 10 February 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#9 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

the op said his hd was flashed blink.gif
you need to be more specific is your disk drive flashed? or your hard drive meaning jtag/rgh? unsure.gif
as there is a big difference the hd comment and the old dash just made me wonder if its not a jtag/rgh wink.gif

#10 bobbydharrell

bobbydharrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

The issue on this question would be I don't know ... I did not do it, it came flashed. It played burnt games is all I know.

Is there a way to find out?

#11 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

if you can play back ups, your dvd drive is flashed. even with jtag/rgh, which has nothing to do with flashing an hdd, a flashed dvd drive is required to play back up discs. perhaps it was not entirely clear, but if you had received a jtag/rgh, you would have paid more and known more about what you had.

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 13 February 2012 - 08:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users