6 replies to this topic

#1 timtimwins

timtimwins

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

LiteOn DG-16D4S (FW Ver. 9504 or if updated 0272)
Currently the ONLY SLIM DRIVE to be able to be modified

thats wat jungle flasher tutorial says but mtk flash will not do the slim unlock im guessing this is because of the latest dashboard update

so is it just me or is it not possible to flash these drives currently,,,, the only tutorial i hav used is the jungle flasher 1 n the best i can do is get drive in vendor mode after clicking intro

but wen i click the write i get "spi is locked aborting"

at any stage i click slim unlock i get "slim unlock command returned an error"

its no probs having an unflashed xbox just am curious if microsoft prevented us from fixing dvd drive ourselfs if it stops reading games

#2 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

These drives are hardware locked.

You need to look at the tiny chip, if it starts with 03 it is easy to unlock by cutting a trace, if it starts with 05 then you need to do the kamikaze hack. This is in the JF guide page 226

You can also buy a unlocked replacement board but they are not cheap.

So we can still fix our own box if it stops reading games, it just got a bit harder.

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

OP make sure before you do any trace cutting or drilling that you get your firmware read. In the DVDkey32 tab click on slimkey, then when it says send unlock command, say no. Then it might have you power cycle the drive or it might not. Then it will ask you to save your dummy.bin.

#4 timtimwins

timtimwins

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

thanks heaps for the helpful info every1 n yeah hav read key no probs n saving it till encase dvd drive ever stops playing games

#5 timtimwins

timtimwins

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

probs a very stupid question but wat do use to cut a trace a stanly knife or any basic tool that scratches?

the procedure looks easy enough i gots the 03 version which just requires a trace cut n probe would u reccommend it for noobs as soldering the pcb on doesnt sound fun

also can the trace stay cut or do u hav to repair the trace prior to putting drive bak together n in console

#6 timtimwins

timtimwins

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

wat do use to cut a trace a stanly knife or any basic tool that scratches?

the procedure looks easy enough i gots the 03 version which just requires a trace cut n probe would u reccommend it for noobs as soldering the pcb on doesnt sound fun

also can the trace stay cut or do u hav to repair the trace prior to putting drive bak together n in console

thanks heaps for any helps on this, much appreciated

#7 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(timtimwins @ Mar 15 2012, 08:46 AM) View Post

wat do use to cut a trace a stanly knife or any basic tool that scratches?

thanks heaps for any helps on this, much appreciated

Yes you do have to repair the trace and a stanley knife/exacto will do the job. If i was you i'd fit one of these as it does a better job and will serve you well for future f/w updates.http://mrmodchips.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=833

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users