peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi all!

So something is messed up and I must have read over 50 threads the last few days to figure out what to do, but much of the topics are way to technical for me, and I fear screwing up even more. But let's start at the beginning.

My Falcon wired JTAG was at dash 12611 and I decided to update to 14699. I dumped my nand using NandFlasher360 through XEX Menu. When dumping my NAND it showed one bad block at 0128.

Then I built the 14699 image using XeBuild 1.00 F1, and flashed this image to my NAND using NandFlasher360. When writing, two bad blocks showed up, this time at 0128 & 0129. Took out the power cord for two minutes, then booted into E71 error. Crap. By deafult, my Xbox should be booting into FSD.

Did some reading, built a new image using Multi Builder 0.7 and flashed my NAND again using Rawflash v4. This time write errors at 0128, 0129 & 03FF. Power off, booting into FSD just fine, system showing dash version as 14699. Exit to NXE results into E71 error. The sync button trick doesn't work, neither does an 'official' M$ dash update (USB) to fix the avatars, just skips it, then showing E71.

Tried flashing my NAND with the previously dumped one, but still no NXE.

My NXE is corrupt and I don't know how to fix it. I'm afraid to manually remap blocks cause I really wouldn't know what I was doing. I'm hoping one of you can take me through it step by step to fix my NXE dash.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

#2 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Don't most of the image-building apps out there now auto-remap bad blocks for you?

#3 peterablex

peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought. I think the problem lies in the fact that when dumping my NAND there was one bad block, and when writing there were more than one?

Or is there an app that does the remapping while writing to flash? I have built a few different images, even from my older nand dumps, but NXE remains not bootable.

What's the best app to build the new nand image?
What's the best app to write this image to the flash mem?

#4 xpa12

xpa12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

I am not certain but i think one of the issues is that you took a nand dump of a hacked image and then ran that through the 14699 image creator.

There are, i believe certain things from the original which become required in later revisions of the hacked nand.

If you have your original try using that or use a clean nand to create a clean image using nand healer or another similar program like JTAG tool.

#5 peterablex

peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks mate. I'll try that tonight using my original NAND dump.

Do you have any advice concerning what app to use to build the image, and to flash the NAND with?

#6 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Can you still boot into XeLL Reloaded? If so, you can flash it via rawflash, which is fast and easy. If not, you're going to need a NAND flasher... I use xeBuild or xeBuildGUI to build all my images, and then flash via rawflash.

#7 xpa12

xpa12

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

I always create my image using the one by BestPig (cant remember the name) and flash using JTAG tool, JTAG tool is great because it prompts you if there are any updates available, although the latest dash is not updated to be creatable on that yet which is why i use the BestPig one.

Nand-Healer is great for identifting any bad blocks and re-programing these and i always use this for reading my nand on every backup i make.

#8 peterablex

peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks again Crackwhore (well, that doesn't sound very nice smile.gif

Yes, I can still boot into Xell Reloaded. I'll build the image using xeBuildGui and then flash with Rawflash.
I'll post my results when I get hooooome (and not being too drunk, it's friday after all wink.gif

---

And thanks to you too, man from Manchester. If above option doesn't do the trick, I'll try your option.

Thanks!

Edited by peterablex, 10 February 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#9 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yeah Nand healer is good too... I use it to check NAND dumps and compare them.

#10 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Fry flashing the new image with flash360v1 from within FSD or xexmenu, it flashes differently than Rawflash, or so I've been told.

#11 peterablex

peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Allright, I'm feeling really dumb by now.

First I tried building a new image from my very first NAND with xeBuild GUI, then flashing with Rawflash v4
Still, E71 at NXE

Then I tried the Bestpig app to create the image, and flash it with Rawflash; now showing write errors (bad blocks) at 0128, 0129, 012a, 0143 and 03ff. Yes two more than before.

JTAG tool didn't really work for me, my Windows7 64 bit doesn't like this app, giving me all sorts of errors.

I feel the problem lies with writing the image to the nand... the created image must be right yes?

Crap, so many settings I don't know nothing about, am about to give up and buy me a new Slim RGH sad.gif

BTW FSD still booting fine...

#12 cRaCKwHoRe

cRaCKwHoRe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

What is the secondary error code you are getting?

#13 peterablex

peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Cool! Back in business!

Writing the Bestpig image with flash360v1 did the trick. I'm at the metro dash smile.gif

Omg, never thought flashing the mem would be so tricky.
But now, hate to bother you guys once again, I can't seem to get the M$ update to work on my new dash, you know, to fix the avatar crap. I have $systemupdate at the root of my USB drive but the system doesn't seem to notice...

Still got half an hour before I fall over from being friggin' drunk wink.gif

#14 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

rename the folder to $$ystemupdate goto the metro dash and it should auto detect and prompt for install

#15 peterablex

peterablex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thanks Dicko!

Avatars are up 'n running again smile.gif I'm a happy camper & will sleep like a whatever tonight wink.gif

Thanks to all that have helped me today, you're the best!

Love, Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users