1 reply to this topic

#1 jriker1

jriker1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

So I have pulled the key off of a multitude of XBox 360 LiteOn based fat systems and flashed them many times. Active electronics house. Anway, I have had a slim that I got a while back that came with a Kinect and has the latest update with the new navigation. Started reading and everything I can see says I can not flash the DVD drive without replacing the PCB with an unlocked one. I was considering getting a X360key but they say they have no intention of pulling the drive key automatically like the Wasabi 360 does because it's a simple task and are spending their efforts elsewhere. Is it that you can't flash the drive but can pull the key or is all the flashing and stuff been resolved without getting an unlocked PCB to replace the original one on the drive?

Also if I can manually get the key, is it still doable with the same techniques as the fat models? I'd call myself old school with a serial port based connection to read the drive from donkey in dos on an old PC I have with the right equipment in it.

Thanks.

JR

#2 snake3

snake3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

most slims can be modded you can read the key using jungleflasher with ease but removing the write protection from the drive is another story, you can buy an unlocked board or try the kamikazi hack, as for xkey if the drive is a Lite-On DG-16D4S then you're good just dump the dummy.bin using jungleflasher and put it on the SD card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users