• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PrinterMeow

PrinterMeow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Installment of this fan in an X360 was for the sake of whisper quiet operation with temperature being low in mind but mainly for quietness.

This is Epic Air Cooling made without replacing the case or losing any of the internal parts due to size limitations.
Everything fits in right with all parts inside and the only thing that is outside the case is the fan.

It was relatively easy without any custom made parts at all. All the hardware that was used came with the fan. I drilled holes in the intel plates to fit smaller socket size and used some bolts I found from my old Thermaltake cooler that ware very long but you can find such at any hardware store for a few bucks. Supplied Thermal Compound was surprisingly better than Arctic Silver 5 by 3-4 Degrees Celsius. Enzotech ram heat sinks used to cool off RAM, Chipset, HANA, Power.

This fan screams quality as soon as you see the box and deeper you get the more amazing it gets. Everything is in separate boxes and bags with labels. The fan is shockingly huge and massive yet very sturdy and solid feeling. Fans are incredibly quiet and even at full speed they are barely heard. The mechanism of the fan is unheard at all even at maximum speed and the only slight noise at full speed is actually made by air resistance on the fins of fan. Temperatures listed below are achieved at the very minimum of 600RPM on both fans. Both of the fans are on 5 Volts ( One is connected to stock Fan Connector and the other is connected to DVD Drive power ) Hard Drive padding is also used to isolate sound due to 7200RPM on it instead of 5400RPM on stock hard drives.

Stock Fan: 65-70 Celsius Full Load
Nuctua Fan: 42-43 Celsius Full Load
Ambient Temperature: 23-24 Celsius

Cooling Fan: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler
Heat sinks: Enzotech BCC9 VGA

Now I have another and very last problem which is the PSU ( Power Block ). Any suggestions would be appreciated about cooling of it with noise being as low as possible in mind.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#2 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

that's a freaking monster!

I want one!

#3 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Sorry but that looks completely stupid, i thought you said fits in neatly with no case mods rolleyes.gif

#4 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE(hangover @ Feb 13 2012, 03:33 AM)  

Sorry but that looks completely stupid, i thought you said fits in neatly with no case mods rolleyes.gif

That thing would cause a hardware failure, as well.

#5 bidrug

bidrug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE(ddxcb @ Feb 13 2012, 09:59 PM)  

That thing would cause a hardware failure, as well.

I agree, those seems to be for xeon/opterons....

#6 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

Okay what the point of this on a slim? I only see this useful in an xbox motherboard before jasper. My slim gets 50C on a full load, so i really don't see the point. And i can never hear my slim, not the psu, the fan, or the dvd drive. I'm sorry, while it cool you took time to do this, its just seems like a waste of money to me. And before anybody bashes me, it's just my two cents on the matter. So if you're going to disagree with me, alright. Just remember this is what i think, and I'm not forcing this upon others. (my point is, don't get crazy)

Edited by Weirdjerz3y, 14 February 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#7 mac-life

mac-life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Poor slim......R.I.P.

#8 genxor

genxor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

That looks ........terrible. Sorry. I just don't get why you'd throw $90 away for no gain.

#9 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Reminds me of a muscle car with a blower coming out of the hood. Totally ridiculous and over the top. Its so impractical that I love it. Its unnecessary modding for the sake of modding. Thumbs up from me cool.gif

#10 jeffrey1790

jeffrey1790

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(PrinterMeow @ Feb 13 2012, 03:40 AM)  

Now I have another and very last problem which is the PSU ( Power Block ). Any suggestions would be appreciated about cooling of it with noise being as low as possible in mind.

put another d14 on the power brick. laugh.gif
anyways... thats awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users