3 replies to this topic

#1 toocko

toocko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

Just purchased apple airport extreme router and attempting to ftp files to my xbox but it won't work. It states connected,but nothing comes up. I am using a pc and had no problems with my previous router(netgear). nothing has changed except the router. I have searched posts,but nothing that can help me. I have tried with firewall off and no luck. Has anyone got airport extreme to work for them? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Can you ping the Xbox?

Are you using static IP addresses, or DHCP?

What are the IP addresses of the PC, the router and the Xbox?

Have you rebooted the PC and Xbox since installing the new router?

If you replace it with the old router does it all start working again?

#3 toocko

toocko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

Static IP on Xbox.Ip of new router=10.0.1.1.Of pc=10.0.1.5. Changed IP of xbox to 10.0.1.7 no luck. Can connect old router every thing works well. Ip address of xbox with old router=192.168.1.8. Appears it may be a setting in xbox or router,but not sure what else to de.

#4 toocko

toocko

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for you help, I finally figured it out. I had to change the gateway address and dns1 and dns 2 settings in xbox to macth my router which is 10.0.1.1 and it worked. Never had to mess with this before hand with any rotuer so never even crossed my mind,but when I was in the setting menu I noticed that they were still at 192.168.XXX,while the ip adrress was at 10.0.1.8. Well I hope this post will help others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users