#1 scienide

scienide

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi,

I got a weird problem with an xbox slim. A friend of mine has a slim xbox which originally had the 0225 drive in it. He tried to do the kamikazee hack but it ruined the board. Luckily he first got the key before trying.

He ordered a replacement pcb online. The store sent him a message later on that the PCB was out of stock and if he wanted a replacement 9504 drive. He called me if it was ok to get that drive instead of the replacement PCB. I did a google search and thought it should work just fine.

We took the old 225 firmware, created a 3.0 version of that and flashed that to the 9504 drive.

Now the following is the case. Some of the games (only tried with a couple of xgd3 games, checked with abgx 1.06, burned on verbatim) ... Some play... others won't (unrecognized disc) ... This can't be a firmware problem is it?

Can i solve this by replacing the laser?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by scienide, 15 February 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

you sure you used 3.0?

You could also just transfer the new PCB to the old drive instead of fixing the laser in that one.

#3 scienide

scienide

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Feb 15 2012, 03:28 PM) View Post

you sure you used 3.0?
You could also just transfer the new PCB to the old drive instead of fixing the laser in that one.

Hi,

yeah i am totally sure that i used 3.0 ... i double checked, reflashed. Tried everything...

He brought 4 backups, all xgd3 ... 3 of them didnt work, the fourth one did... (Rayman origins) ...
Rayman Origins is xgd3 and ap25 so 3.0 is required to run them ....

Tried the games in my own xbox and they all worked fine....

From the original drive the laser is already taken out, so easier to replace the laser at the moment....

Gonna try that tonight... if that won't work im totally baffled ...

Thanks for the reply ...

#4 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(scienide @ Feb 15 2012, 04:32 PM) View Post

Hi,

yeah i am totally sure that i used 3.0 ... i double checked, reflashed. Tried everything...

He brought 4 backups, all xgd3 ... 3 of them didnt work, the fourth one did... (Rayman origins) ...
Rayman Origins is xgd3 and ap25 so 3.0 is required to run them ....

Tried the games in my own xbox and they all worked fine....

From the original drive the laser is already taken out, so easier to replace the laser at the moment....

Gonna try that tonight... if that won't work im totally baffled ...
Thanks for the reply ...

I take it you updated to the latest dashboard? Also a good idea to post your JF log here.

#5 scienide

scienide

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

It would be if i had one ... i used the lizard for reading and flashing ....

However i could hook it up and redo the whole thing with jungleflasher, will keep you posted....

#6 scienide

scienide

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hi Guys,

Turned out i got it fixed with some pot tweaking ....
Took a while to find the right setting , but it's working great again ...

Thanks for the replies guys!

Greetings
Marco

#7 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

dont expect it to last long, pot tweaking is pointless and will make your laser burn out twice as fast.

replace it for better longevity.

#8 scienide

scienide

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Feb 20 2012, 12:51 PM) View Post

dont expect it to last long, pot tweaking is pointless and will make your laser burn out twice as fast.

replace it for better longevity.

That was no option ... The drive was new .... the laser inside the drive was new ...

In default (new laser) it only played 1 out of 4 backups.... XGD2 played fine, but the drive had a lot of issues playing XGD3 .. both on the original and the new laser ....

So if i only had to replace the laser, i had to know which laser to replace it with ... As i had trouble with a new laser and an old laser, in use for no less than 2 months i decide to do pot tweaking ...

That, and only that worked....
I think if i got another g2r2 laser and replaced it, i would have had the same problem ...

#9 evertonman67

evertonman67

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Everything there is to do with Microsoft Xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE(scienide @ Feb 20 2012, 01:55 PM) View Post

That was no option ... The drive was new .... the laser inside the drive was new ...

In default (new laser) it only played 1 out of 4 backups.... XGD2 played fine, but the drive had a lot of issues playing XGD3 .. both on the original and the new laser ....

So if i only had to replace the laser, i had to know which laser to replace it with ... As i had trouble with a new laser and an old laser, in use for no less than 2 months i decide to do pot tweaking ...
That, and only that worked....
I think if i got another g2r2 laser and replaced it, i would have had the same problem ...

I've pot tweaked many an xbox 360 laser and there ALL still working perfect,even after many,many months of use.Just tweak it enough so it'll play your games,don't tweak it too far though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users