• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kmac777

kmac777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Is it possible to add 2 joysticks into wireless cg2 controller? Lets ignore the space issue. Just wondering if possible.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

You'll need to be a little more specific for a better answer.

Add them for what? If you want them to be duplicates of the existing sticks, while I don't really see the point in that as you could just move the existing ones to the new locations, and you wouldn't want both sets active at the same time, but it could be done. If you're wanting them to take the place of the D-pad and ABXY then that can be done as well.

#3 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

Four analog sticks would be kind of cool to see.

#4 kmac777

kmac777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Just wanna say, GREAT JOB here RDC.

Just finish a 4months of reading and researching what yourself and many others have taught me, as I have begun my journey in a complete "refit" of a wireless CG2.

Yes. The idea is to place the additional sticks in those spots. And yes, it can be done with use of the right Picaxe setup and alot of new tracing. Research continues as always, however my focus right now is on the stock M$ shell.

I'll post pics of the shell in a week with all proper credit and links for the idea. The circuit board will be ready for pics (beyond what this forum has shown) before the end of the month.

This is my first question to the forum only because its one of the only topics not "in depth". The analog sticks
will function as 4 independent and interchangable devices. The 2 new sticks will surface mount to the circuit board or, the"growler" and topped with domed thumbsticks because they're comfy(and sexy).

Again, Thank You RDC for you brain as I never would've started this without you and the many others(kudos and links to come) that have been blazing through all the years of these threads

------------>KMac

#5 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(kmac777 @ Feb 17 2012, 02:01 AM) View Post

Yes. The idea is to place the additional sticks in those spots.

Additional as in...? Will they act as ABXY/D-pad? What if you have to push X and B at once? If its to duplicate existing sticks, how do you register ABXY/D-pad without any?

And yeah, as the saying goes "RDC is the man!". I forget where I heard that but its been proven true. lol laugh.gif

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks.

It looks like you're going for a setup where each Stick can be whatever controller function in that spot, LS, RS, D-pad or ABXY, and then be able to change them around internally, which for button pressing can easily done in code. If AN value is <= 500 press A, if value is >= 524 press Y. That's of course not in any kind of actual code, but how it all begins. If that's what you're attempting it brings to mind the Radica Phoenix Revolution controller.

That all flies good for the D-pad and Sticks, but when it comes to ABXY it leaves some options lacking, as GoTeamScotch asked, like pressing X and B, or any kind of 3 button combination, it's also easier to mash a button repeatedly than flip a stick in some direction over and over.

It would give you 2 extra Stick 'click' buttons to be used for some things though. Interested in seeing how it works out, good luck with it.

#7 kmac777

kmac777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Exactly right RDC. However, I'm after the D-pad function to be interchangable as well as all 4 stick.

Scotch, I won't be lacking any buttons. As of now (pics to come), I removed the triggers and added 2 standard radio shack domed pushbuttons on each side. Yes, super tight squeeze but fit with creative trimming and glueing, however still removable. On the bottom are 3 of the same buttons on each side.

I've been FPS gamer since Rogue Spear on the PC in the old MPlayer servers, halo, Unreal, counterstrike, etc. After all this time I have yet to see one controller platform that gives you total "fingers on the buttons, thumbs on the sticks" advantage that a keyboard & mouse provides. I know I can easily utilize the ladder on 360, but wheres the adventure in that?

The D-pad will be interchangable between the 2 bottom sticks and like I said the analogs will be interchangable between all four (hopefully). For a true southpaw setup. Use the top sticks (LS1 & RS2) as your setup or LS2 & RS1 (lower sticks). Or just go default LS1 & RS1 then vise-versa.

Later today one of my very tech savy friends is going to help me get started on printing my own flexible PCB for the wiring design I have in mind. This part is very important to this project because of all the junk I'm stuffin' in the trunk.

----->KMac

Edited by kmac777, 18 February 2012 - 08:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users