X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Ok heres the rundown.
just got a 128mb system that has a chip installed.
owner had said the tsop was bad flashed. its a 1.0 so i was going to 3 wire it.
When i examined the board the tsop points were not solderd so i conclude that it has a stock bios on the tsop. and wont boot with the extra ram.
Now i want to use the tsop d6 bios to flash the tsop from an lpc boot.
But. I dont want to flash a tsop d6 bios to a chip and then find out it wont boot with 128Mb installed..

So save me some time and head aches please. I can always use a diferent xbox to flash the tsop d6 off the chip if it wont boot in this one. But i really dont want to go through all this work when some 1 here knows for a fact it wont boot 128Mb.

and I REALLy dont want to desolder the extra ram, flash the tsop and then re solder the ram..
Its a horrible job

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

http://www.xbox-scen...d_diagrams.html

You could do that.. you can boot from the cheapmod and disable it (not sure on the details) and then boot linux/evox and flash the tsop. You may have to do some more research and build a switch to switch from cheapmod to TSOP. I remember something about cutting the wires then flashing.

To get the bios on the cheapmod - if you don't have the equipment - possibly an old computer eeprom chip will do the job - you can sometimes hotswap and flash on the PC like you are updating the bios (or use a network card that has a bios socket.)

If done right this should work and is a lot less work than removing ram.. dunno about d6 bios, even if it did work with 128mb ram it can be difficult to get working.

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Had more conversations with the owner. and seem the tsop was replaced and it was flashed with a bad Ind bios. before the bad flash it worked from the tsop but the ram wasnt fully detected thats why they changed to the ind bios but used a bad one.

I 3 wired it but it still frags, ive had a look at the tsop seems reasonably well solderd in place but you never can tell with those things if its solderd well.
I have to assume that it is solderd ok and that its just a bad flash, but i dont see how it was flashed on this board unless it was done using an enigma chip or something. because like i said the tsop points dont look to have been solderd up. "well they have now but had not been before i did it"

so given all that I guess that the tsop will be bad regardless so theres no point removing the ram. and i guess i will need to try the tsop d6 bios, and just hope for the best hotswapping the chip.

would be nice if i could confirm the tsop is properly installed before i start because if its not solderd properly I may as well just remove it and swap it out with a diferent one. Would be easier than re soldering it all and then having to re do the flash any way..

Guess im going to have a bit of a head ache either way lol.

#4 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

The d6 is a finicky bitch.

Are you saying that the box boots fine from the LPC chip though?

I wrote a tut on this a long time ago... it may be of some help to you...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=459116

If it boots fine from the chip, then $15 for a duox seems like the simplest solution.

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Feb 19 2012, 03:26 AM) View Post

The d6 is a finicky bitch.

Are you saying that the box boots fine from the LPC chip though?

I wrote a tut on this a long time ago... it may be of some help to you...

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=459116

If it boots fine from the chip, then $15 for a duox seems like the simplest solution.

it boots fine from the LPC.
and i do have a duo x2.
I also read the tut. Just seemed to me "prehaps i missed something" that i could boot from any chip provided i used the tsop d6 bios.
I see how it recomands 2 banks, but i dint really understand why it needed 2.

Any way the main issue i have is that its a 128Mb box. i dont mind booting up to the tsop d6 and it only sees 64Mb "not a problem" i just dont much fancy flashing the tsop d6 to the chip then getting a frab because of the 128Mb ram.

I am reasonably sure that all bios's should boot a xbox regardless of the ram. (provided versions are ok, and not a bad bios)
but i just dont know much about this tsop d6 bios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users