Definitely Wapner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

Having an issue copying some of my games over from the disc to an external HDD using Freestyle Dash.

I have an RGH Slim using a TX Coolrunner. It is running the newest freeboot dash 14699. I had some older games I put on it and it read them fine (Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Kinect Sports, Dance Central), however, the system has an issue when using the "DVD Extract" feature in FSD with newer games.

I am specifically having issues with Forza 4, MW3, and Batman Arkham City. The DVD drive is stock and has never been touched. I've read all my games the same way (old and new alike), but these 3 newer ones freeze 1/3 to 1/2 way through the rips (FSD stops ripping them).

However, if I rip them on my PC using an 0800 drive, then transfer them over to the HDD, they work fine. Why would my stock disc drive not be able to read my original game discs? Can it have something to do with my RGH?

It's an RGH 250GB Glossy slim, no bad blocks previously in the NAND. Let me know if more info is needed.

#2 Definitely Wapner

Definitely Wapner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

Solved it....kinda

Not really a fix for my problem. I was using the latest FSD (think it's 2.2) and newest dashlaunch (2.29). I installed all patches, removed all patches, and tried various combos with nothing working.

I then decided to just put FSD 1.20 on my HDD. I launched 1.20 from 2.2 and used the DVD extract feature in 1.20 and ripped all my games with no problem.

Hope this helps others!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users