• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

New 2.0.14717 Dashboard Affects RGH - Fixed for Slim
Posted by XanTium | February 16 22:09 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

The new 2.0.14717 dashboard is being rolled out globally this week and so far we have seen possible changes to the CB that may affect RGH consoles.
As always we suggest that you do NOT update until it has been investigated further.

UPDATE: As you know the CB on Phat and Slim were updated with the recent 14717 update, disabling the RGH Glitch mod.

While the Phat solution is a much more in-depth problem (work on CB_B has been ongoing for several weeks in anticipation of this so we are well placed to have news very soon), we have already been able to patch the Slim RGH to be fully functional again. Didn't take long thanks to Old Skool

The fix has been confirmed by a number of team members and we are waiting for feedback from some European testers too and will get the files packed up for release asap.

I'd just like to say what a sweet tool J-Runner was for doing all this

News-Source: team-xecuter.com

#2 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

Wow! Did MS really think that changing the CB would put a stop to the RGH??

#3 krizalid

krizalid

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Feb 16 2012, 11:20 PM) View Post

I thought they did a lot more than just changing the CB, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that they even change the way the bootloader works and other stuff.

#4 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(itoktoeatfish @ Feb 17 2012, 05:20 AM) View Post

I do hope you know that all CBīs on phats (even before the update) couldnīt be RGH:ed as it was split into CB_A and CB_B.

The people involved are also raising a cautious finger, telling us, that even though the new 2BL might be circumvented it isnīt sure that you can get your CPU key. So if you do not have it you might be SoL...

So yeah, MS might stop RGH on phats, and thats a pitty, as they are often faster to glitch then slims...

#5 sillybunnie

sillybunnie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

Does this mean if you have an unmodded system with the new updated, it is now impossible to RGH it? i thought they had said that this hack would not be patchable by microsoft with software updates and require a hardware revision?

#6 bullka

bullka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

If I don't care about RGH (interested only in backups), is it confirmed that it's safe (meaning safe on LIVE) to update?

#7 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(sillybunnie @ Feb 17 2012, 08:35 AM) View Post
Does this mean if you have an unmodded system with the new updated, it is now impossible to RGH it? i thought they had said that this hack would not be patchable by microsoft with software updates and require a hardware revision?

On slims it is looking good, but nothing is set in stone right now. For the time being, all and all, it is "wait and see"

QUOTE(bullka @ Feb 17 2012, 08:37 AM) View Post
If I don't care about RGH (interested only in backups), is it confirmed that it's safe (meaning safe on LIVE) to update?

No, no word from C4E yet if it is safe to update or not, so just wait.

Edited by JayDee, 17 February 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#8 InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(sillybunnie @ Feb 17 2012, 07:35 AM) View Post

i thought they had said that this hack would not be patchable by microsoft with software updates and require a hardware revision?

On slims they said that, its always been said that it could be patched on phat consoles. So we will just have to wait and see. No one ever expected another homebrew hack so we were lucky to get the RGH.

#9 bullka

bullka

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(JayDee @ Feb 17 2012, 10:46 AM) View Post

No, no word from C4E yet if it is safe to update or not, so just wait.

Thanks!!!!

#10 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Or to be 100% correct:

Wait for TX and Team Jungle to CONFIRM. Youīll see it on TJīs twitter before itīs on c4espeaks in 99% of the cases...

#11 nephariouz

nephariouz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(InsaneNutter @ Feb 17 2012, 01:54 AM) View Post

On slims they said that, its always been said that it could be patched on phat consoles.

Thats the first I've heard about that. That sucks, I have 3 phats and no slims.
Can you buy new slims that are still RGH-able? Or have they 'fixed' it on the new ones?

#12 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE(nephariouz @ Feb 17 2012, 08:31 PM) View Post

Thats the first I've heard about that. That sucks, I have 3 phats and no slims.
Can you buy new slims that are still RGH-able? Or have they 'fixed' it on the new ones?

don't read much do you? in the initial release readme by gligli he stated this (trinity can't be patched). On slims its unpatchable as theres no revocation fuses (eFuses if you will), so we can just flash the 'older' CB to the unit and we're good (assume thats no longer possible as speculated).

New slims since the RGH was released are not glitchable. They are corona boards and don't have the HDMI chip. Aside from that MS merged a bunch of chips together.. May not be possible to slow the HANA or CPU down to get good timing.

Right now any unit on the latest 717 dash is NOT glitchable!
MS did a LOT of work under the hood of this dashboard. Staggered release is also major notice that somethings up - they want everyone to get this.
Theres a reason TX, TJ, C4E, TMT, Xk3y and others haven't said much on it.

Hopefully the $$$ made from the RGH and replacement PCBs will help fund R&D for the masses and not be capitalized on by the groups.

Your best bet is to glitch them and get your CPU keys ASAP.

Edited by ruciz, 17 February 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#13 ddxcb

ddxcb

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:07 AM

ahh that sucks.

Edited by ddxcb, 18 February 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#14 N-I-T-R-A-M

N-I-T-R-A-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

This is what I have read from all over the place and I thought I would some it all up here so here goes.

The new update 2.0.14717.0 updates the CB of the Phats and the Dual CB of the Slim also bowing an efuse which updates the CB LDV. These new CB's have the POST disabled, for the RGH to work the CPLD has to know the XBOXís current POST. This is because the CPLD uses the POST so it can time the glitch correctly and reset the CPU at the correct time, plus know when the console has restarted. This is so if the glitch fails the CPLD will know when to try and glitch again.

So why slims still work

This is because the slim has a dual CB, CB_A and CB_B this is different to the Phats consoles which only have CB. (But some Phats have dual CB's as well so I will come back to that in a bit this is for the slim)

Now what is the CB anyway why are we glitching it for the RGH, the CB is a boot loader that is encrypted with the 1BL key. So we don't need the CPU key to decrypt it, but it is still signed by the private key so we can't just go and edit it to do what we want. There is not much information on this boot loader apart from it is stored in the NAND and it checks, decrypts then loads the next boot loader, which for Phats it is CD for slims it is CB_B.

Now because the slimís changed the boot chain and added an extra boot loader, by splitting the CB in to two parts. They gave us a place in the boot chain to glitch that has a boot loader that is writable because itís stored in the nand it can be decrypted with the 1BL key which they didnít change, when they know that we still have it from the last exploit. Also now doesnít have a Lock Down Value because it has been moved to CB_B so it doesnít matter what the efuse values are this boot loader will always load. This is why the RGH is not patchable on trinity boards at least.

Now for the slim RGH we glitch the CB_A check of the CB_B SHA hash to return true when the hash is wrong because we have a patched CB_B. This CB_B has been patched so we can run own CD which loads the CE which is the base kernel and hypervisor, so we can do anything from there. So to some up you can just go and update the slimís to the newest dash it doesnít matter. All you will have to do is change the CF Lock Down Value because even in the hacked kernel it still has to match fuse line 7.

So why do Phats get patched

Because the Phats only have the CB boot loader which does have a Lock Down Value they canít still run the old 6750 CB. Now we still can edit the CB because it is stored in the nand we do it for the RGH any way by making the CB zero-paired, this is so we can use a modified SMC image. But doing this doesnít break the signature if we edited the LDV to match the new CB LDV it would break the signature. So the old CB 6750 CB wonít run anymore because the Lock Down Value isnít going to match the fuse line 2 anymore because it was updated when the efuse was blown. And if were run the new CB that matches the efuses POST is disabled.

Now for Phat dual CBís, there is the 6751 and the 6752 CB now there isnít much information on these CBís and I have never had a console with one. So I havenít seen or looked at them but there are some reports of some XBOXís with the 6751 CBís being downgraded, to the 6750 CB and glitching. So that means the LDV wasnít updated for the 6751 CB and it is the same as the 6750 CB, but there arenít any reports of the 6752 being downgraded to the 6750 CB. But anyway the dual CB for Phats would have mean updated as well. Hell the new CB on all the Phats could be dual now I havenít seen one only read that the POST has been disabled. (Will update when I get more information on this)

But it isnít over for Phats

Gligli said himself that apparently CB 9188 can run on fats, so we could still glitch the Phats using the slimís dual CB. Plus the glitch would work better on the Phats because we wouldnít have to use the HANA to slow down the CPU we can use CPU_PLL_BYPASS. Which slows the CPU more than HANA PLLís can do. And the slower the CPU the better the CPLD can time the glitch and reset the CPU. So we will just have to wait and see what happens for Phats.

#15 N-I-T-R-A-M

N-I-T-R-A-M

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

No posts come on this tuck a while to research and write

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users