3 replies to this topic

#1 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

hey guys, after searching the internet for probably the past year, ive YET to find a working solution for a person unfamiliar with all the technical jargon such as 'remux' 'mux' etc

my situation is this:

i have 5 MKV files, all over 4 gigs, all with 5.1 (6ch) audio, all 720hd

why am i having SUCH an IMPOSSIBLE time converting to a file type that:
A) my 360 can read
cool.gif has 5.1 surround sound, i do NOT want 2ch audio, this is not an option (its 2012...who the hell wants stereo)
C) maintain roughly the same video quality
D) is either under 4gb to put on my Fat32 drive, or is split into parts with original quality

im trying to set up an external hard drive for my parents, like mentioned its fat32, and when ive used gotsent, or any other program im either left with a file thats 4+ gigs, a small video but with stereo audio, or an unplayable file.

can someone point me in the direction of a SIMPLE or easy to follow guide or method, with whichever program you use, to get me a great quality video, with 5.1, while either split into 2 parts, or one that it under 4gb?

gotsent keeps saying 'error extracting audio' or something when i try splitting it, and no other program seems to be working as i dont understand what half of this stuff means.

im good with computers, but clearly a 'noob' when it comes to this.
i hope someone can help!

and dont say 'use the search' or 'use google' or any waste of our time answers. every forum ive read where someone asks for help, its nothing but ppl saying 'well why dont you just use mp4' or 'did you even google it?' etc

if you are one of those people...FUCK OFF.

help me xbox-scene, you're my only hope

#2 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

so nobody knows how to do this?

sorry for sounding harsh in my last post, i was up til 4am and clearly iritated that nothing was working for me lol

but anyone know of a way? thanks again

#3 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

hell, I've never found a decent reliable way to convert with even just stereo mp3 (lame). Still watch movies on XBMC... never could get Handbrake to make a file the 360 would even play.

#4 darklord88

darklord88

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

ive found plenty of great programs that 'do' work, just not for what id like, ie 5.1 audio, but if you're looking for a simple one, try WinAVI All in One Converter, that works, i just need a solution that has 5.1 audio as well as great quality video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users