• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

I got everything I need to do the Spinter Cell soft mod. But when I plug my Gameshark memory card reader into a USB slot on my computer the computer won't read it. It tries to install the driver (even after I installed the software on the Gameshark CD) it still won't read my card. I tried all of these piece of software I found on Google (action replay, Xplorer 360, etc) and none of them let my computer recognize my Gameshark memory card reader. Can somebody please help me out here? I'm frustrated beyond belief.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Use Xplorer360 beta 6.

Make sure you use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave to do the softmod.

#3 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 18 2012, 08:21 PM) View Post

Use Xplorer360 beta 6.

Make sure you use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave to do the softmod.

I used Xplorer360, when I click the Find Memcard option it says "Could not find a FATX drive to open".

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

beta 6. I didn't type that because I had some spare time on my hands.

#5 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 18 2012, 08:26 PM) View Post

beta 6. I didn't type that because I had some spare time on my hands.

I did use Beta 6. Still nothing. I think its a device driver problem.

#6 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

To add to this, when I look at my device manager the memory card shows up on the list as an "unknown device" under "other devices". I dunno if this helps.

#7 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

I'm still struggling with this, please help me.

(note xplorer360 WILL NOT READ MY CARD) The only time I ever got anything to read my memory card was when I used the Gameshark software on a windows xp computer, but Action Replay software won't read it.

Whoever helps me with a working solution will get my Twisted Metal Black PS3 download code.

#8 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

What version of Windows are you using, and architecture (32 or 64-bit)?

I have a suspicion that Xplorer360 is not working for you because it can't see your memory card. This is because Windows can't identify your reader. You need to first get the reader successfully installed. Once this is done, xplorer360 should then see your memory card.

EDIT:To confirm this, simply plug in your memory card reader WITHOUT the memory card installed. If you get a device pop-up in Windows, this is your problem.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 19 February 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#9 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Feb 19 2012, 03:48 PM) View Post

What version of Windows are you using, and architecture (32 or 64-bit)?

I have a suspicion that Xplorer360 is not working for you because it can't see your memory card. This is because Windows can't identify your reader. You need to first get the reader successfully installed. Once this is done, xplorer360 should then see your memory card.

EDIT:To confirm this, simply plug in your memory card reader WITHOUT the memory card installed. If you get a device pop-up in Windows, this is your problem.

The computer only detects the reader when a card is in it, I just tested it.

My Windows 7 architecture is 64-bit.

#10 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Ok, Then try this: Plug in your memory card reader with the memory card installed. Go to your device manager and tell me how many "Unknown Devices" show up.

Edit: I take that back. Plug in your memory card reader with the memory card installed. Go to your device manager and tell me how many devices show up with the yellow exclamation mark.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 19 February 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#11 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Feb 19 2012, 04:44 PM) View Post

Ok, Then try this: Plug in your memory card reader with the memory card installed. Go to your device manager and tell me how many "Unknown Devices" show up.

Just one, and it's labeled under "other devices".

#12 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

Ok, what is possibly happening is Windows 7 64-bit is throwing your memory card reader into the "generic USB hub" category, which it is not. The driver contained in the reader software for it is not written for 64-bit OS'es, so Windows will not apply it to your device and accept it as something other than a USB hub.

To confirm this, unplug the reader from your PC, open device manager and count how many devices you have under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" category. Next, plug in the EMPTY card reader, and then count how many devices you now have under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" category to see if the number has increased by one.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 19 February 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#13 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Feb 19 2012, 05:05 PM) View Post

Ok, what is happening is Windows 7 64-bit is throwing your memory card reader into the "generic USB hub" category, which it is not. The driver contained in the reader software for it is not written for 64-bit OS'es, so Windows will not apply it to your device and accept it as something other than a USB hub.

To confirm this, unplug the reader from your PC, open device manager and count how many devices you have under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" category. Next, plug in the EMPTY card reader, and then count how many devices you now have under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" category to see if the number has increased by one.

I plugged an empty memory card reader into the usb and the number remains at 6. In fact just to make sure nothing was wrong with it I plugged a flash drive into a USB slot and the category added a "USB Mass Storage Device". Upon unplugging it the newly added piece of hardware went away.

All I know is putting a memory card in it has it show up as an "unknown device"

#14 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

So you have no "unknown devices" with the empty reader connected to the PC, and no extra "USB controllers" when the empty reader is plugged in.

Then it would appear that your reader is a transparent device, meaning just wires inside and no "controller chip" because is only detected by the PC when a memory card is inserted into it. SO,

You're probably not going to want to hear this, but you do in fact have a driver issue with your actual memory card. I don't believe there are any Win7 64-bit drivers for xbox memory cards, so your only option will be to get access to a 32-bit Windows OS, either by dual-booting 32/64 OSes on your PC, installing 32-bit OS in a virtual machine inside 64-bit Win7 on your PC, or installing 32-bit OS on a separate "xboxing" PC altogether.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 19 February 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#15 judekhanzo

judekhanzo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

Damnit, this sucks. I can't afford a new PC or a copy of Windows XP 32 Bit for Virtual PC. I may just have to send my car to somebody to put the files on it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users