• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kdogg556

kdogg556

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

So i have two 360s, i successfully modded one and left the other untouched. Unfortunately, i spilled some very delicious cranberry juice on the modded 360 and the motherboard messed up. My question is, can i put the modded DVD drive in the unmodded 360? They are two different DVD models.

I would just mod the other 360 but i now don't have the means to do so.

#2 TheDemonIII

TheDemonIII

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

No you can't just take the modded dvd drive and put it in the unmodded box. Regardless of drive model, you need the console-unique DVD-key in order for games to work. Putting the modded dvd drive from one console into another console would cause it to fail reading any games.

Edited by TheDemonIII, 21 February 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#3 kdogg556

kdogg556

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(TheDemonIII @ Feb 21 2012, 05:00 PM) View Post

No you can't just take the modded dvd drive and put it in the unmodded box. Regardless of drive model, you need the console-unique DVD-key in order for games to work. Putting the modded dvd drive from one console into another console would cause it to fail reading any games.

Ok i see. Well i dont have a sata drive anymore. it would be nice if there was a way to mod via usb or some other softmod.

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

You need to have the SAME exact model anymore. You cannot put a different model in.

You have 2 choices

1) Get same model and switch out the drive PCB to the other drive and reconnect any ribbon cables and do any easy soldering if needed, Benq and liteon drives require soldering to change drive boards.

2) Get same model drive and read firmware off original one and write to new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users