• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have found a couple og SST49LF004B chips. (is it a 512kb?) Is it possible to put one in. Or is there no reasons to have bigger bios than 256kb size??
have socket 939 pc board with that socket. so could flash with uniflash.
reasen org tsop on v1.1 is dead and cannot do anything. goes microsoft screen with xecuter2 logo then black. (green circle) made ndure softmod nothing works. seem like it point to something not there.
so need to flash it anyway.
just got it from a friend for nothing. he screwed it op buy changing things over ftp.

if that does not work I will solder socket in my 1.6 and hotswap flash that way.
Hope I dont sound to newbe. alwayes made softmodding so far.

p.s on the 1.1 the d0 lane is wrippet total away. (on bottom side so made one on top side) any way to fix that?? I beliebe I am ok with soldering.
would be nice to fix the org tsop. and then put the chip in my 1.6
hope it didn't get to messy.
Thanks micbanand
smile.gif

Edited by micbanand, 22 February 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

You are imagining a far larger problem than you probably have.

I'd guess that your friend has screwed up the dash, not the TSOP. Get hold of a rescue disc (e.g. HeXEn - Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc), burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot with it in the drive. It will load, the LED will turn red, and you can restore the dash with FTP - try putting one at C:\evoxdash.xbe - or use one of the HeXEn options to rebuild your hard drive from scratch.

FYI, softmods don't ever work on top of a flashed BIOS, so Kingroach NDURE was never going to work for you.

Edited by Heimdall, 22 February 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#3 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 22 2012, 10:47 PM)  

You are imagining a far larger problem than you probably have.

I'd guess that your friend has screwed up the dash, not the TSOP. Get hold of a rescue disc (e.g. HeXEn - Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc), burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot with it in the drive. It will load, the LED will turn red, and you can restore the dash with FTP - try putting one at C:\evoxdash.xbe - or use one of the HeXEn options to rebuild your hard drive from scratch.

FYI, softmods don't ever work on top of a flashed BIOS, so Kingroach NDURE was never going to work for you.

hmm thanks nice to now that ndure won't work.
I can't boot any disk tried AID slayer 2,6 2,7 got heXen will try this.
those boot fine on my softmodded 1.6 tried with that dvd drive over in 1.1 to.
tried to put files to xboxhd with FAT-X-Plorer. from windows 7 It only succes partly. stops answering.

will it only works if its named and placed C:\evoxdash.xbe?

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

your tsop chip should be fine if you see the boot screen.
try the dvd player from your soft mod in your tsop if the disks boot in the softmod but not the tsop its quite probably a dirty/dying laser.

if you insist on transfering files manually to your hard disk via a file explorer.
use xplorer360 in windows. and i advize you transfer 1 folder at a time. wait for it to move then transfer the next.

you may also want to take the time to run your hard disk through hddregen2011 to verify its still good and move / repair or flag bad sectors whilst your in windows.
its quite possible that your corruption is a disk error rather than a file error.
hddregen dosent care about the format of the drive so its going to examin if for you regardless.
"i would personally just do a error scan report / no repair 1st"

as for D0 points.
i just use a screw hole. the one closest to the lpc header to be precice. D0 is a ground out for the chip. its there to complete the cuircuit.. never understood why they all use a ground on the board rather than a screw hole, but thats what they advize. not what i advioze however.

Edited by shambles1980, 23 February 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#5 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

the onboard tsop goes only black screen. when i connect d0 to ground (scrue hole)= disable onboard right? so cheapmod takes over right? it's allso between those points you could make a on/off switch?

allready tryed the other dvd drive as written.

I don't insist on writing files by pc. but cannot see any other solutions?

hddregen2011 thanks I will do that better safe than sorry.

I believe the guy who flashed the cheapmod chip must have disablet something since it do not boot any disk. not even org. games.

just tryed with an empty hd gets error 16. Should it be formattet in a sergent way first?

believe if i get evox.xbe to c: instead of dash i should get ftp and being able to use div. disk
hope so!

Thanks for helping!

#6 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

when you connect the do to ground your booting the chip not the tsop on the board..

i think we are having a techincal discrpeancy in terminoligy here. so lets sort that out 1st.

on a mother board V1.0 to v1.5 there is a long thin chip next to the LPC "lpc is the 15 or so holes grouped together"
This is the TSOP.

When you add a chip it may well have a tsop chip on it but we dont refer to it as a tsop as it will confuze matters, so we will calle it a chip.

So from there it seems that When you boot without the "chip" your xbox will boot so if its 1.0-1.5 the "tsop" is fine.
This may not be very helpfull though as it could well be stock and is the reason why it wont boot a dvd. so what you need to do really is verify that the xbox boots without the chip connected. and how far.
It does seem to be quite contradictory though as you say your hard disk boots to an error 16. where as it should be error 5 if the box is not modded or the hard disk is not locked.
I am assuming that the hard disk is locked and you are hot swapping it to get files transferd to it?

error 16 means "to my knowlage" that the clock isnt set and that it cant find the ms dash to set it. or that there simply is no dash to boot..

you need to populate the hard disk with stock files from the hexen dvd stock files folder 1st. then update the files as needed..
see if that helps

#7 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

biggrin.gif its up and running. but cannot load cd or dvd's
going on tomorrow again. would like to put a new hd in. clean with XBMC.

#8 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

do you have ftp access?

#9 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

edit post 1

reasen org tsop on v1.1 is dead and cannot do anything.

chepmod chip goes microsoft screen with xecuter2 logo then black. (green circle) made ndure softmod nothing works. seem like it point to something not there.

yes I have ftp dvd anything now biggrin.gif backup everything!!!

done new quick setup XBMC setup with AID 4.51

I now different between tsop and modchip. sorry for mistake in post 1.

TSOP is dead. mad.gif but what, don't do that big a different biggrin.gif

I where stressed so did lot of things. so can't tell the eksakt problem.
bad dash maby bad hd and seems some times the dvd drive not working to well.
will only use it as XBMC so everythings fine.

One thing you guyes. The d0 line on the downside is total gone! anyone nows where it goes? would be nice to now. so I could fix it. jsut for the fun.

thanks micbanand

#10 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

Ok that explains lots..

the screen went black after you installed ndure softmod because you have a chip. some bios's do not boot softmods so you must instead use an installer disk "like hexen" to preform chiped/tsoped tools. "clean c drive after flash" or "build new disk"
This would then install the dash boards properly for you. The dvd error is strange..
Maybe your yellow power cable is damaged, or your ide ribon cable is damaged.

thats the only things i can tell you.

Hope it helps

Edited by shambles1980, 25 February 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#11 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

got dvd drive to read verbatim + and - dvd5
by justing the pot from 1064 to 754
it's the first version samsung.
maybee i will give it a 100 more down.
Is it safe to go down to 500 on a samsung drive?
tried heXen on a verbatim cd-r.
byt its stops by unleash x. pot says 2000 on cd pot. how much can i touch that one?

#12 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

i have edited heimdalls excelent hexen disk to work from the rout of E drive.
it has found its way on to the internet.
"hope he dosent mind" but all credits were given to him.
Obviously cant link to it, But i named it
Hexen For hard disk Drive not dvd
google should find it really fast.

Oh and btw. I had to re do the package about 4 times because of allthe cross references heimdall had made to diferent things.
I had never realized just how much work he had done to it before i tried to get it to work directly from the hard disk.

Its really usefull for when you cant use your dvd player for it but do have ftp access. However some of the features may not be that great of an idea to use..
for instance anything that would format E: would delete the application so you would not want to use them.

Like i said all i did was change a few letters in a few files, all the work is still heimdalls and all credits go to him.
All i did was make it so others did not have to struggle to figure out what to edit in which files to make it work from hard disk.
there could still be some features that i missed. but as far as i can tell from testing it, it all works as its suposed to. incuding tsop/chip flashing.

#13 micbanand

micbanand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Nice thanks!
just got another xbox 1.6 dead disk. so have to make an com cabel to read the eeprom.
or is it possible with a RXD TXD reader?
maybe it would be better start a new tread.
thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users