X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Guys,

I was wondering if anyone here bought & uses the x360Dock? I was thinking about buying this.

I just want to use it to be able to play backups from an external HDD instead of discs; that's all. I don't really are for and don't really need any other feature. This is for a 100% Offline XBOX 360 ... I never connect this box to XBOX Live so there's no online gaming issues. And also, it's a PHAT 360.

At $75 Shipped it's not bad; I was just wondering if someone uses it and it works properly - doesn't have any issues playing backups off HDD - and you can update the Dashboard (via USB) and stuff.

Thanks!!

#2 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

there ok mate work a treat a customer of mine wanted an xkey when they came out but it was when stock on those were hard to find
having been given the run around on a wasabi (stock issues) he bought a dock and loves it
they have'nt had much press on here or anywhere really to be honest but actually perform the same function as the above two id say go for it
incidentally there is yet another 4th group with an emulator device out but i cant remember there name if do ill post it here for reference smile.gif

#3 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Feb 24 2012, 10:44 PM) View Post

there ok mate work a treat a customer of mine wanted an xkey when they came out but it was when stock on those were hard to find
having been given the run around on a wasabi (stock issues) he bought a dock and loves it
they have'nt had much press on here or anywhere really to be honest but actually perform the same function as the above two id say go for it
incidentally there is yet another 4th group with an emulator device out but i cant remember there name if do ill post it here for reference smile.gif

Sin ... thanks for your honest comments! I was looking for exactly that.
I would love if you can post the 4th device you're talking about ... I only know about x360Dock, x3key & wasabi.

I was actually all set to buy x360Dock after reading many reviews & comments here & there where pretty much everybody said it worked -- when I learnt something I didn't know! You need the thing connected to a PC to run your ISO's. Well that's a bummer!! I don't want that. I want an external HDD (eSata or USB) sitting next to my 360 loaded with my backups and I should be able to choose using the XBOX 360 Controller and the XBOX 360 dashboard which ISO to load.

I think both Wasabi & x3key can do that ... they can run ISO's without a PC connected to your console, correct?

So anyhow - that's a deal killer for me. I know they are supposed to come out with this touchscreen LCD and you won't need the PC then ... but it's not out yet and I know they'll charge a premium for it. So I think the dock is pretty much out of the race because of this single reason.

I need to confirm if x3key & wasabi can run ISO's without a PC connected ... directly from the console w/ an attached hard drive. If they can ... I have decide between one of them.

Thanks!!

#4 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

from what you discribe wasabi might be better for you i dont know if xkey runs esata aswell
but wasabi does it is faster than usb playing games you can tell the difference
and controls are an extention of the dash where as xkey uses its screen and dock uses soft ware on your existing pc hence the cheaper price
i have not looked on docks forum for a while but i'm sure they were releasing a screen for the dock so you did not have to use pc?

#5 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Feb 24 2012, 11:29 PM) View Post

from what you discribe wasabi might be better for you i dont know if xkey runs esata aswell
but wasabi does it is faster than usb playing games you can tell the difference
and controls are an extention of the dash where as xkey uses its screen and dock uses soft ware on your existing pc hence the cheaper price
i have not looked on docks forum for a while but i'm sure they were releasing a screen for the dock so you did not have to use pc?

Yes - that's right. They are working on releasing the touch screen control soon so you don't have to use your PC; but like I said - they are going to charge a premium for it and it's not out yet. Before dock I was pretty set on getting the Wasabi but the cheaper price of dock attracted me. Of course I didn't realize you needed your pc connected to it.

I think Wasabi probably is the right choice for me... with eSata and dash controls. Thats' probably what I'll go for.

#6 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(mickey797 @ Feb 24 2012, 11:06 PM) View Post

Yes - that's right. They are working on releasing the touch screen control soon so you don't have to use your PC; but like I said - they are going to charge a premium for it and it's not out yet. Before dock I was pretty set on getting the Wasabi but the cheaper price of dock attracted me. Of course I didn't realize you needed your pc connected to it.

I think Wasabi probably is the right choice for me... with eSata and dash controls. Thats' probably what I'll go for.

that 4th developer is boxii they released some more info just today

#7 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Feb 27 2012, 12:38 AM) View Post

Thanks man - I'll look into this one too. Appreciate it.

#8 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Feb 27 2012, 12:38 AM) View Post

Sin -- where did you find info on this "boxii" ? I can't find anything on Google. I just found a discussion forum which has 0 posts. Do you have a link? Thanks!

#9 Smok3y666

Smok3y666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I think he meant Boxzii not Boxii

#10 sinclairuser

sinclairuser

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE(Smok3y666 @ Feb 27 2012, 11:29 PM) View Post

I think he meant Boxzii not Boxii

yes i did mean boxzii mickey sorry my bad!
the infomation and links to there site were posted in this very forum yesterday http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740730 smile.gif

#11 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(sinclairuser @ Feb 28 2012, 01:30 AM) View Post

yes i did mean boxzii mickey sorry my bad!
the infomation and links to there site were posted in this very forum yesterday http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=740730 smile.gif

Ah! Thanks guys ... I'm going to look at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users