Photo

Old Box With Evolution X - 3935 - Upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hi Folks,

short question, I got a Xbox 1 from a friend with Evolution-X 3935 on it, should I upgrade, is there anything better available?

Other thing, iam looking for a way to quit games (I dont know how O_o), change the resolution, is there a menue for it? There is nothing in the evolution menu and I dont know how to change to the original xbox menue (heard that this is possible).

Any sugesstions?

Thx

Hawk

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

UnleashX or XBMC are newer. Only XBMC is still being developed.

Left Trigger + Right Trigger + back + black will quit the game.

Before doing any dash upgrade you need to know how the Xbox is modded - or is this why you randomly chose to post in TSOP flashing section?

#3 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Thx men.

My friend told me he did it with the 007 exploit/save game.

Iam looking also for the ENIGMAH VIDEO SELECTOR iso, do you have a linkk for me? :-)

Edited by Hawk321, 25 February 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

Which softmod did your friend install?

You won't get any links here - it's against the rules. Google will help you find Enigmah, but let's take this one step at a time!

#5 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Well it is Evolution X 3935 and Project Mayhem, if this is it what you mean with softmod?!

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

No. I mean SID or Krayzie, and which version.

If your friend doesn't know then the first place to start is with a softmod upgrade.

#7 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

Well this was 8 years ago, but I will ask him tomorow.

Is it possible to check this somewhere at/in the xbox?

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Forget it. smile.gif 8 years ago, and you have a really old softmod.

Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc". Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot the Xbox with it in the DVD drive. LED turns red, 40 seconds later the menu appears. Select option 2.2.x to install a new, clean softmod - pick the one that fits your region plus any exploitable game you might have, but if you don't have an exploitable game the pick Splinter Cell (and don't worry - you don't need a copy of the game, it's just a useful back door).

If you want to try XBMC, boot with HeXEn again, and select option 4.1. - Install XBMC to E. It's not the latest XBMC, but if you like it - and I'm sure you will - I can talk you through updating to the latest version.

Edit: And HeXEn has Enigmah on it, for when you want to enable NTSC so you can get HD output. smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 25 February 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#9 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Well, I burned the DVD and the xbox bootet from it.

I installed the hexen software and also the XBMC to E:, then I tried to install the "enable HD" and the Enigmah, but this doesnt work because the HD installer will copy/delete some files from C: but in my system menue it shows me only a C: with 0.00/0.00 free space.

Any sugesstions?

Hawk

Edited by Hawk321, 25 February 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

You don't install HeXEn, you use HeXEn to install other things, and to alter the setup on your Xbox.

You don't install "enable HD".

So, can you explain what you did, and what error messages you get, and at what point in the installation / setup?

#11 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

I sticked to that what you wrote yesterday:

"Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower, and boot the Xbox with it in the DVD drive. LED turns red, 40 seconds later the menu appears. Select option 2.2.x to install a new, clean softmod - pick the one that fits your region plus any exploitable game you might have, but if you don't have an exploitable game the pick Splinter Cell (and don't worry - you don't need a copy of the game, it's just a useful back door).

If you want to try XBMC, boot with HeXEn again, and select option 4.1. - Install XBMC to E."

Then I tried to enable HD, but this is not possible because it dont finds a batch file on c:, but ther is only a C: with 0 fre space.

Hope this helps... :-)

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Useless.

Which options did you select, in what order, and when EXACTLY did you get the error message, and what was the error message?

#13 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ok, excact Version:

1.I burned the .iso to a DVD-R and booted the Xbox with the DVD it in the DVD drive.

2.LED turned red, 40 seconds later the menu appeared.

3. I selected the option 2.2.x (Splinter Cell) to install a new, clean softmod

4. After it finished, I backed up the eprom to E:

5. I rebooted with the DVD in the box and selected then option 4.1. -and installed XBMC to E:

6. I probably rebootet and started then the Option 1. what is the Enigmah but it doesnt worked ( I dont remember the error)

7. I started the Enable HD Option, Option 6.2 , it copied some files to E: and told me to reboot after i had to press A and then when Enigmah Shows up B. Then I rebootet with the left/right button unter the controller an the black button on the right side. Then it booted and I got the error:" Call customer service."

8. After I rebooted anyway, I pressed as told the buttons an it started but then I got the error: "Unable to launch C:\xboxdash.xbe - The file does not exist".

[EDIT]

When i start the Xbox without the DVD I only see a menue where I cna copy Apps and so from the CD to E:

When I wnant to launch what ever, I have to enter a CODE

So, thats it.

Edited by Hawk321, 25 February 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#14 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Which option 2.2.x? 2.2.4, or 2.2.7? Is your TV PAL, or NTSC?

Start again. Once you've modded the Xbox from scratch (HeXEn Option 2.2.x, where x is either 4 or 7, and remember which it is) remove HeXEn, reboot, and make sure the Xbox will boot properly to UnleashX.

Then reboot with HeXEn, install XBMC to E (Option 4.1). Reboot without HeXEn, and make sure you can run XBMC.

Reboot with HeXEn again. Select "Option 1. NTSC-PAL Video Mode Switch", and switch your Xbox to NTSC. Remove HeXEn, reboot and make sure you can see your screen.

Plug in your component cable. Reboot with HeXEn and select "6.2. HD Enable - Krayzie 1.1.1 Softmod". Follow the instructions. If you get an error, write down EXACTLY what the error message is, and what happened immediately before the error message.

#15 Hawk321

Hawk321

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Well, I booted from the DVD and then I installed 2.2.4 (PAL SC).

I went back to the main menue and there where 3 options 1 was to backup the eprom an other on install something (dont remember). I did nothing and did a hard-reboot without the DVD.

Now is there the original Xbox menue O_o and it doesnt read the DVD anymore.

But I have the original Splinter Cell DVD here.

Edited by Hawk321, 25 February 2012 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users