• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 soule187

soule187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm trying to wire the 360 power button to be used as a button for a controller I'm making. I just need it to act as a normal button on a controller but I'm having trouble figuring out where to solder the wires.

So far I've gotten it to register the button is pressed, but it does not react to the power button being pressed. It just acts like you are holding the button. Pressing the power button does absolutely nothing.

I'm not even sure if it's possible, but any help is appreciated.

#2 soule187

soule187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

After hours of searching I found my answer.

In case someone else runs into this problem for some reason... I had the wires in the right spot (two of the points right near the actual button), but you have to cut the traces going to the button. I just used a flathead screwdriver to saw at them until they stopped working. I had to try a few times before I had sawed them enough. Once they were severed completely it started working like a charm.

To be able to get the button cover back on over the wires you can pop out the translucent plastic pieces very easily and/or carve notches in the plastic wall-type protruding parts. This was pretty easy to do with a screwdriver. If you have a sharp knife or something should be a piece of cake.

Took me several hours to figure this all out, lol. Works perfectly now and the button, cover, etc look completely normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users