• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtcomms

jtcomms

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

I have a jtagged xenon that is getting the RROD(0020), it began freezing until it wouldn't start anymore. I believe this has to do with the bottom ram chips because I had it working for about a week by placing a piece of tape on 2 of them. I also installed an extra fan & souped up the stocks to full before it quit. I believe that the little pressure had made a connection on probably a cold solder joint underneath the ram. Now I could totally be off and it could be the GPU but I have a feeling it's the ram. I just wanted some more opinions on what it might be & the best way (besides reballing) that might fix it. I've already tried cleaning and applying thermal paste to the gpu & also running some alcohol underneath the ram. I'm trying to get this to keep running or at least until I can get my hands on a slim for the rgh.

Thanks in advanced.

#2 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

try injecting liquid flux under the RAM chips and reflowing them with a heatgun

but be careful its very easy to fuck up the RAM chips if you put too much heat on them

and in my experience it ALWAYS the topside RAM chips around the GPU and not the bottom ones.

#3 jtcomms

jtcomms

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that when I get the supplies. Should I do all the ones on top or is there specific ones that you usually have the problem with & how much heat do you recommend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users