X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

I have an X2.2 Pro chip and I want to flash it with fully customized bios - I really don't like the extra time it takes to boot the newest X2 bios revision so I really would like to customize either X2 4983 or X2 4981.

The three programs that I am considering using (XBTool, FTT, and LogoX2) seem to be the perfect combination of what I'm looking to do, but I am not sure if it will be possible for the programs to load up the bios that was just patched by the previous one (I know this involves hex editing and I know for sure that at least XBTool verifies the MD5, not sure if it will refuse to write [or properly?] to already modified bios). I am just wondering if anyone has done anything like this before and if you have a suggestion about what order (if any) to go about doing this and if so which bios to use (from what I am reading the X2 4981 has some comments which would make it easier to hex edit by hand if need be)

For anyone who might be interested in this as well I've tried my best to explain what each of these applications do --- maybe if you can easily reflash your chip's bios (or easily recover in the event that one or a combination of these applications produces corrupt bios) you would be willing to take a shot at it.

"logox2" - this is used to replace the image underneath the word XBOX (which normally says "Microsoft") - now, the thing about this tool is that
The logo can be a 24 bit bitmaps 100x17 (cf chips.bmp example) or raw type (8 bits pers pixels greyscale).
- I haven't made one of these .bmp files in a long time so I'll have to see what I can come up with that is only 24 bits (Last time I did this I went with the 8 bit per pixel greyscale which ends up being mostly white)... The gui for this just lets you open the bios, open the .bmp or .raw, and patch the bios with the image.

"2004-07-25_144448_ftt" (flubber text tool) - this is going to be pretty important. This edits the flubber color, change the color of the machinery scenery, camera angles, toggle white splashscreenand also toggle machinery. Ontop of this, it also lets you change the "XBOX" text underneath the X if you want but this also requires you to install some pretty expensive modelling software (might be able to find a free trial, and who knows if you need the old version for this to work)

"X2ool_1.0.4" - This is FANTASTIC and has EVERYTHING to do with the "X" and startup animation colors (also, toggle wireframe mode for the flubber smile.gif toggle random camera angles (this feature appears broken in Flubber Text Tool) or 14 separate camera angles (what could they each possibly be?!?!). It even has some really sick presets (trust me, getting these colors looking nice is really hard to do, whatever color you see on your computer screen usually ends up being very different on the tv screen) - the one problem is that this one is for generating the .ini --- it doesn't modify bios at all.

"XBtool_1.0.23a" - This one is specifically for JUST changing the X colors... It can also change the dashboard boot priority, fan speed, ect. but no flubber. The most updated version of this does not fully support X2 4983 - it doesn't allow you to make changes to most things and might not even be able to write the changes to the X2 4983 bios (not tested by me).

Thanks in advance

#2 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

Rather than taking this complex route, I finally realized that (according to the .nfo) you can inject your configuration into iND bios so to avoid having to wait for the hard drive to load the configuration file.

The .nfo says it is a buggy feature and that there is more information about it in a readme.txt but this readme file is non-existent.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue(s) could be?

Thanks in advance.

#3 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

I have just found out that iND has a bug where IGR is activated by only pushing the White + Black buttons rather than L+R+White+Black

There is apparently a beta version that fixes the problem, yet causes other problems http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=387649 ohmy.gif

I am going to make an attempt to reflash bios soon so that I can test XBTool -> FlubberTextTool -> LogoX2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users