75 replies to this topic

#31 pudink

pudink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

was about to order a new coolrunner and nandx now that the flows have changed i will give it some more time.

by the way should we wait for a new revision of coolrunner cuz it seems vague at this point cuz the text also points out to a modification on coolrunner.

by the way from this point of view(before official launch) does installing a demon require the same amount of soldering work and effort as installing a rgh chip?

or is it a more advanced work?

I am trying to evaluate if I can do it myself,cuz I believe i can do rgh installing so if it is more or less same skill level than I can handle it

#32 djgook

djgook

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

Does this finally allow the Phat xenon with no HDMI to be RGH?????

#33 kneehighspy

kneehighspy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:vintage console coding (vectrex, 5200, colecovision) vintage pc coding (apple ][, c64 & amiga 1000).
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE(rastiemon @ Feb 26 2012, 09:45 PM) View Post

Ok so they didn't post your news. I don't see how that gives you rights to hijack a topic. I saw there were two pages of posts and was thinking a good discussion was taking place here. Though unfortunately I just find people arguing about who's first and a bunch of other bull. Half these posts should be deleted including mine.

Back on topic this is some good news from teamx.

i have to agree with your pov. this squirt guy sought out to hijack a real newsworthy thread with some of his less than fortunate and perhaps now outdated hardware solution, probably upset many vendors will be stuck with their product perhaps.

#34 wmb88

wmb88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(squirtadmin @ Feb 26 2012, 06:16 PM) View Post

to warbeast:

1- Reset of southbridge is made by software... you can switch the NANDS without UNPLUG the power...

SMC loaded up to the southbridge from nand as soon as the power plug is plugged in. Switching nand does not reset SMC, how does your software reset southbridge?

#35 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

i dont think he will give you a stright answer most likely its the same reason he know its cornoa ready coz hes lucky like that?

i took a quick peek at the install and couldnt see any wiring that would show its able to clear smc i understand how they could use the code for the 10k ce pullup but how it could reset s/b i havnt got a clue! plus to me the dual nand side just looks like a diy or cygnos v1 with the 10k resistor minus the cut track that would normaly make problems witch by the way they say it does happen atleast with the 1.0 design they say "you can cut the track to slove this"LOL. so is it just 2 nands connected to ce at the same time with a jed using the 10k for timing trying to get the correct one to boot?

anyway the demon has a nice ic hopefully looks like its going to have impoved fw over cygnos when can i preorder? :-)

Edited by warbeast, 27 February 2012 - 04:59 AM.

#36 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE(ThE MaSTeR 3 @ Feb 26 2012, 07:53 PM) View Post

Cool, I have to buy a new thing now! Glad I just put something obsolete in 3 360s 2 weeks ago. Now I can give xecuter more money and rip stuff out of my 360s and redo the entire process again. GREAT NEWS!

whats wrong with your current setup? its not obsolete if the end point is the same.

QUOTE(wmb88 @ Feb 27 2012, 03:21 AM) View Post

SMC loaded up to the southbridge from nand as soon as the power plug is plugged in. Switching nand does not reset SMC, how does your software reset southbridge?

this has been documented for a while. you apply a GND the SMC point and it will allow you to change the NAND device. I read about it while looking to do the sandwitch NAND mod. Its nothing new and works great, in theory you could connect 100 NAND chips this way.

#37 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(djgook @ Feb 27 2012, 11:35 AM) View Post

Does this finally allow the Phat xenon with no HDMI to be RGH?????

From the front page :
The Xenon RGH hack will also be released however the quality of glitching seems to be as poor as the infamous Zephyr. No doubt once its out there users can tweak away at it and get some better results, the feeling here is that it's time wasted at the moment when we should be working on Corona. Currently it's a "repair" method at best to rescue DVD keys.

#38 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

this has been documented for a while. you apply a GND the SMC point and it will allow you to change the NAND device. I read about it while looking to do the sandwitch NAND mod. Its nothing new and works great, in theory you could connect 100 NAND chips this way.

yep ive read everyone with cheap diys basiacly the same thing as that are using j2c3.5 to ground with the jed for sync switch only i dont see it using j2c3.5..

anyway ill keep shut about it now as i agree with everyone else all the posts about it dont even belong in here

Edited by warbeast, 27 February 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#39 SZaiaku

SZaiaku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong becuase this sounds too good to be true. RGH 2.0 is automatically will have a 2nd nand meaning I can update the original nand like any other xbox and then switch to the 2nd nand for running homebrew?

#40 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Exactly.

#41 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Haygar @ Feb 26 2012, 11:38 PM) View Post

From the front page :
The Xenon RGH hack will also be released however the quality of glitching seems to be as poor as the infamous Zephyr. No doubt once its out there users can tweak away at it and get some better results, the feeling here is that it's time wasted at the moment when we should be working on Corona. Currently it's a "repair" method at best to rescue DVD keys.

Well, That good news to me, as i have 3 xboxs without DVD keys, So this will be a great a way to repair them.

#42 RDJ134

RDJ134

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

I still having a old E74 non HDMI X360 laying around here, this can be a nice little interesting hobby project now smile.gif

#43 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

soo..ETA?

#44 squirtadmin

squirtadmin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Ok back...

to warbeast:

1- RESET SMC: maybe you don't realize that the FIRMWARE is out since 4 days, online and ready to be dowloaded and installed in a SQUIRT GREEN PCB (go to www.squirt360.com download area)... there are already several customers that tried it with success... 3rd party tutorials on the way...
Procedure is: POWER ON WITH SYNC >> ORIGINAL... turn off console with POWER BUTTON, turn on it again with power button only >> RGH enabled and secondary NAND enabled...
This mean we are handle a PERFECT NAND SWITCH without UNPLUG the power and without CUT the TRACK... din't you believe? Buy a squirt, download firmware and try smile.gif or watch our video ! more I cannot write you ...

2- CORONA: A xilinx IC + maybe one or two more wires + 48Mhz OSC is all what you need to do a fucking CORONA RGH... the problem is not the HARDWARE but the SOFTWARE... we are working on that, we hope only to reach the target for firsts... BUT REMEMBER... RGH ON CORONA will be DONE on a XILINX + 48OSC on board ONLY ... nothing more.
Then If you want to use a NASA CHIP smile.gif are your business ...

BYE BYE

#45 wmb88

wmb88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(squirtadmin @ Feb 27 2012, 11:49 PM) View Post

Ok back...

to warbeast:

1- RESET SMC: maybe you don't realize that the FIRMWARE is out since 4 days, online and ready to be dowloaded and installed in a SQUIRT GREEN PCB (go to www.squirt360.com download area)... there are already several customers that tried it with success... 3rd party tutorials on the way...
Procedure is: POWER ON WITH SYNC >> ORIGINAL... turn off console with POWER BUTTON, turn on it again with power button only >> RGH enabled and secondary NAND enabled...
This mean we are handle a PERFECT NAND SWITCH without UNPLUG the power and without CUT the TRACK... din't you believe? Buy a squirt, download firmware and try smile.gif or watch our video ! more I cannot write you ...

2- CORONA: A xilinx IC + maybe one or two more wires + 48Mhz OSC is all what you need to do a fucking CORONA RGH... the problem is not the HARDWARE but the SOFTWARE... we are working on that, we hope only to reach the target for firsts... BUT REMEMBER... RGH ON CORONA will be DONE on a XILINX + 48OSC on board ONLY ... nothing more.
Then If you want to use a NASA CHIP smile.gif are your business ...

BYE BYE

switching nand does not mean reset of SMC. you have failed to explain how does your chip/firmware reset SMC.

Edited by wmb88, 28 February 2012 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users