• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 d-gut

d-gut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

I just did the x-clamp fix and heat gun fix (I heat gunned it first) on an xbox 360 pro 2006 and now I'm on the step of over heating it but it won't over heat it's stone cold (without the fan plugged in).....can anyone help?
If it helps while taking the stock x-clamps off I accidently scratched it a little ( very little) does that have anything to do with it not over heating?

#2 Khaine

Khaine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming and Writing. I also repair consoles + other electronics when I have the time. :)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

Does it even power on?

Make sure your ROL board is connected and the xbox has an A/V lead plugged in and try turning it on. If it powers up and gives you the 2RROD/1RROD, then that's a good sign at least. If it's not even doing that, you buggered something up.

However, I would highly recommend you go and get a proper reflow done, with actual rework equipment instead of a heat gun. Heatgunning chips can kill them, and overheating your XBox on purpose can blow capacitors. If you're still intent on doing it, then don't forget you probably need to block off as much airflow as possible.

#3 d-gut

d-gut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the reply. The console does power on and I get the three red lights on the RoL board but the power brick has the orange light on, indicating that it's not on but it is (I don't think it's a faulty power cable because I have tried two other working power bricks and they do the same). The only thing that is kind of hot on the whole mother board making me think that the board is getting power is the Ana chip.

Any suggestions on how to fix it, it it is fixable at all?

#4 d-gut

d-gut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:50 AM

Any suggestions on how to fix from that point on?

#5 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Before you do anything, you should have gotten the secondary code. If anything secondary codes will let you know if your "fix" has made the console better or worse. It would tell if it's a power failure (mosfets) or GPU issue. If it was powering up, PSU staying green BEFORE you gunned and bolted and now it wont power then you most likely destroyed the motherboard. You can try putting the X-clamps back on but I think your Xbox is now garbage.

#6 d-gut

d-gut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

I re-assembled the xbox and it has RROD (3 lights) and no fans turn on... but the light on the power brick is orange. So I got the secondary code which is 0002 which means my MOSFETS need to be replaced and I'm guessing my fans need to be replaced as well is there a specific fix I can do to repair this damage?

#7 crazygoldfish

crazygoldfish

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

Buy a new xbox or a 2nd jasper.

It's a 2006 model & any repairs if they work will be a false economy.

A late falcon model will also be pretty good for reliability

Edited by crazygoldfish, 05 March 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#8 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

There are quite a few guys on here who can do the work, just have to ask.
I can't do it, takes alot of work, and patience. Sounds like you need a pro
To fix your box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users