• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 duldi

duldi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Recently my xbox 360 dvd player has started to not read discs, and i assure you it does not say open tray but instead says reading for a very long time. It carrys on doing this while the drive makes a noise somewhat like this *DUN* *ziiiin* *ziiiiin* and carrys on repeating. uhh.gif uhh.gif

I have an xbox 360 premium and a liteon drive
any help would be nice love.gif

#2 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(duldi @ Feb 26 2012, 02:22 PM) View Post

Recently my xbox 360 dvd player has started to not read discs, and i assure you it does not say open tray but instead says reading for a very long time. It carrys on doing this while the drive makes a noise somewhat like this *DUN* *ziiiin* *ziiiiin* and carrys on repeating. uhh.gif uhh.gif

I have an xbox 360 premium and a liteon drive
any help would be nice love.gif

Looks like you need a new drive, replacements are quite cheap off the ebay. You will need to remove the drive see what model drive it is i.e f/w and transfer the key to the replacement. You also have the option of replacing the laser but to be honest i would replace the whole unit. If you dont have the tools for reading and flashing the firmware then you could also swap out the pcb from the old drive to the new one but this will require an easy soldering job.

#3 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(dougiegillam @ Feb 26 2012, 01:22 PM) View Post

Looks like you need a new drive, replacements are quite cheap off the ebay. You will need to remove the drive see what model drive it is i.e f/w and transfer the key to the replacement. You also have the option of replacing the laser but to be honest i would replace the whole unit. If you dont have the tools for reading and flashing the firmware then you could also swap out the pcb from the old drive to the new one but this will require an easy soldering job.

nonsense all that is needed is a new laser

why give out such bad advice? not good man!!

laser replacement is super easy my 6 year old kid can do it ffs

and its much cheaper than replacing the whole drive, and not needing to swap PCB's

more work involved moving PCB's than replacing laser.

look for liteon laser or HOP 141 on ebay you will find tons for less than 10 delivered

a new drive can skin you up to 30.

Edited by Gazc0igne, 28 February 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#4 dougiegillam

dougiegillam

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Computing,cycling, running
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Feb 28 2012, 09:39 PM) View Post

nonsense all that is needed is a new laser

why give out such bad advice? not good man!!

laser replacement is super easy my 6 year old kid can do it ffs

and its much cheaper than replacing the whole drive, and not needing to swap PCB's

more work involved moving PCB's than replacing laser.

look for liteon laser or HOP 141 on ebay you will find tons for less than 10 delivered

a new drive can skin you up to 30.

LITEON drives 22.00 delivered on the ebay much better option in my opinion, so there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users