#1 doom II

doom II

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hi All,

I have not touched an xbox since the 1st generation so hello to everyone that's been on here in the meantime.
I would like to modify either a brand new 4gb slim or a 250gig slim kinect model (sold at costco) to do the same things I did on my 1st xbox: emulators and backup. I'd like to play backups either off my hard disk or with a disc backup of the ones I own.

Is the team xecuter 360usb pro device a good start? The sheer amount of products available is overwhelming but always support xecuter (but have no problem supporting any other great reliable company thats been in the scene).

Is that the easiest plug and play method to mod my drive and get things going?
I appreciate the help everyone.

Thanks,
Doom II

#2 djexentrix

djexentrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(doom II @ Feb 27 2012, 01:06 AM) View Post

Hi All,

I have not touched an xbox since the 1st generation so hello to everyone that's been on here in the meantime.
I would like to modify either a brand new 4gb slim or a 250gig slim kinect model (sold at costco) to do the same things I did on my 1st xbox: emulators and backup. I'd like to play backups either off my hard disk or with a disc backup of the ones I own.

Is the team xecuter 360usb pro device a good start? The sheer amount of products available is overwhelming but always support xecuter (but have no problem supporting any other great reliable company thats been in the scene).

Is that the easiest plug and play method to mod my drive and get things going?
I appreciate the help everyone.

Thanks,
Doom II

Modifying the drive will only allow you run burned backups of official games. To be able to run homebrew such as a modified dashboard, emulators etc. you will need a reset glitch modchip such as the TX Coolrunner. That being said if you buy a brand new console from the store, you will most likely end up with a Corona board and will have to wait a little longer for a solution to be able to do this with it. If I was you I would buy a pre-modded console from someone reliable here on the scene.

Edited by djexentrix, 27 February 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#3 doom II

doom II

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I am set on getting a new one (because I want the reliability of a brand new MS console/mobo revision) and also like to do some of the modding myself. I will start with the firmware so I can run some backups of my most used game discs. I'm assuming down the road I'll be able to dual boot glitch it for emulators. Right now I can do a lot of emulation on my PC (request to anyone reading: lets get netplay back in the emulators!).

Thank you for your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.
DoomII

#4 djexentrix

djexentrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Well unfortunately the latest consoles also have a new dvd drive revision which is yet not hackable, and even when a firmware is released for it you will need to buy a replacement pcb for it so you can unlock it for writing. So buying a brand new console will hold you back until the scene catches up.

#5 doom II

doom II

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

Ok (thanks again for keeping up the replies with me)
How about a brand new slim 4gb? Anything new I can get?

Thanks!
DII

#6 djexentrix

djexentrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE(doom II @ Feb 27 2012, 11:00 PM) View Post

Ok (thanks again for keeping up the replies with me)
How about a brand new slim 4gb? Anything new I can get?

Thanks!
DII

It'll most likely be a Corona type motherboard with a lite-on 16D5S drive, so nothing as of yet. Reset glitch is almost ready for those boards and in my opinion would be the best bang for your buck in terms of modding. Reset glitch basically allows the unit to run unsigned code such as homebrew dashboards etc, and I'm sure you know with your history in the original Xbox, the possibilities can be quite endless!

#7 doom II

doom II

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

Ok thanks! I suppose I'll buy a big boy and wait for the modding to catch up (probably the kinect 250gb).
Looking forward to the new systems getting cracked.

Thanks for your help and everyone elses in the scene!
Doom II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users