3 replies to this topic

#1 freakk

freakk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hello,

I trying to make a quick scope mod on my ps3 controller by connecting the TP from L1 and R1
But only thing that happens is that it thinks I'm pushing the analog stick to the right.
Anyone knows what Im doin wrong?

IPB Image

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Connecting both of those lines together is just going to cause issues because of how the PS3 controller works. In fact, that method is not going to work on pretty much anything no matter how it works.

To do that properly you need to press the buttons separately at the correct time and for the correct duration, not both at the same time. To do it how you're wanting, by pressing only one button so it's all done for you, you need a PIC that's coded up for it so the timing is correct.

#3 freakk

freakk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for your reaction, i thouhgt it may work because it does at the xbox 360 controller.
Do you know were to buy such PIC

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Afraid I don't, R/F and glitch mod chips aren't my thing. If Google can't find it for you then you're looking for something else. wink.gif

You could try using a 4066 switch IC and a new button to press them both at the same time, though I doubt it would be as reliable, if it even worked at all.

Edited by RDC, 29 February 2012 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users