competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hey everyone, I've been away from the scene for a few years now and was thinking about buying a back up xbox1 or perhaps a jtag 360. problem is I'm not sure about the state of emulation on the 360's... For instance, is mame emulation better on a 360 compared to xbox1 as one might think given the extra processing power? Is there vastly improved game compatibility? Is the super nintendo emulator (my favorite system) as polished as ZsnexBox (somehow I doubt this!)?? I know this post may be in the wrong location, but I checked the 360 side of things and it's all confusing to me over there haha... Also perhaps I should have researched this on my own a bit more... haha guess I'm breaking all the basic rules of this forum, but heck I'm a grown up now and just don't have as much time as I used to! Thanks in advance to anyone with good information and the time to let me know!

#2 cheema201

cheema201

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hey buddy,

Emulation certainly does have a lot to do with processing power but that's just one piece of the pie smile.gif The xbox1 has had sooo much love and attention over the years that it is still (IMHO) better than emulation on xbox 360. I use both, but mainly the xbox1.

For arcade you want to check out FBL. (Better than MAME on 360 I think)

http://www.undergrou...ls.php?id=54373

That is v1.7 with a complete rom list. FBL is currently at v1.9, you'll find 1.8 and 1.9 updates at xbins!

And talking about super nintendo emulator Zsnes. Maybe you should check this out! It's the newest version of snes9xbox (even comes with a separate apu core for sink or swim!). It's certainly worth check out smile.gif

http://www.emuxtras....hp?f=183&t=1714

One day the 360 might take over where the xbox1 left off. Especially since RGH is now so available (unlike jtag)

Hope this helps a bit mate!

#3 dsdork

dsdork

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:10 AM

I have a RGHed 360 and still use an old xbox for most of my emulation. If you give the stuff cheema201 told you to check out, try coinops 3 too.

#4 gamez fan

gamez fan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

yeah stick with your xbox hopefully emulation on the 360 will really take off in the next few years

#5 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

thank you everyone for the heads up. Guess my thoughts were confirmed about 360 emulation not quite being the best yet. As for those suggestions I do already have FBL as well as madmabs newest snes9xbox... I still use zsnexbox almost exclusively though. I also do have some version of coinops but would be surprised if its the newest one. Works well enough for me at the moment. Those emulators on the 360 just don't look to have the polish as the xbox1's do... Also I just don't see the added processing power being used, for example in Mame or a N64 emulator as of yet.

Thanks everyone, guess i'll be holding off on that RGH box for now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users