First 2 Controllers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 henry06x

henry06x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, golf, mountain biking, camping, screwing with shit.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

Ive never modded Xbox controllers before but love doing that kinda stuff so I thought I would give it a try. I made 2 controllers over the course of the last 2 weeks. It tool awhile assembling everything I needed.
I'm not a fan of rapid fire or any of that stuff (personally i think they ruin online gameing) so mainly I just added some bottom buttons, trigger stops, bullets buttons, D-pad change, evil stick for righ thumb stick, and a custom paint job. Also not a fan of the led's and all that. From what I've seen online I've yet to find a D-pad mod like this tho I don't doubt someone's done one.
My painting skills arnt great so I just went with something basic.

First:
IPB Image
Missing .22s
IPB Image
R D-pad, X, and B removed from face
IPB Image
I did shave the bottom .22 down a little so it doesnt stick up as high
IPB Image
3 bottom buttons R D-pad, X, and B
No rumble packs in this controller

Second
IPB Image
R D-pad a little off. Was going to refill and drill but since it was for me and it didnt bother me that bad I left it. Looking back now tho I wish I would have
IPB Image
IPB Image
I made these bumpers by hand out of an old snowboard season pass and melting the plastic together with my soldering pen. They look rough bit it was a trial and they are functional. Momentary switch is in the caz with a opening cut for the bumper to go in and hit.
IPB Image

Feed back is appreciated to get better.
-henry

#2 NLT89

NLT89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

How hard was that dpad mod? Wanted to do it myself

#3 henry06x

henry06x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(NLT89 @ Feb 28 2012, 08:07 AM) View Post

How hard was that dpad mod? Wanted to do it myself

Not too hard really. Just grind it off and fill the hole and make sure you fill it in enough so the shells dont wabble. Hardest part was gettin the holes in the right spot so they look even. For my next one I have an extra rubber I'm just going to pu a needle thru the center of the buttons to make a mark with. Drilled the holes slightly smallet than the .22 and used sand paper to get the proper fit. Little something at the bottom of the shell after its in so it doesn't come back out and that's it.

Edited by henry06x, 29 February 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#4 NLT89

NLT89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

Would filling the existing dpad hole and drilling through be too hard?

#5 henry06x

henry06x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(NLT89 @ Feb 28 2012, 07:07 PM) View Post

Would filling the existing dpad hole and drilling through be too hard?

Nope just put painters tape over the hole after you grind it off. Makes it easier to fill then just pull off the tape. I filled to about the notches where are cut from where the orig bottom of the d-pad sat. I used bondo because I have had experience with it and it's easy to drill thru. You may need a little on top after it dries to get it to the right level then sand it smooth. don't push to hard with the drill that I breaks a chunk off when it comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users