inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'm back again!

I need help sad.gif

My Xbox don't boot up.
The only dvd it can read is x wizard. I have tried to install with this one unleashX but without dvd it don't boot.

Other dvd in this situation doesn't boot up.

So i have tried with hotswap (the way with i have to softmod first time.)
I have done all backup of everything.
I have create a cd with ndure 3.1 and xboxhd, and insert on it a C: (Ms dash) clean.
So in cd E: is empty (o with UDATA and TDATA for have saves too) and C: content is:
Audio (folder)
fonts (folder)
xboxdashdata.185ead00 (folder)
xodash (folder)
Xbox Book.xtf
Xbox.xtf
xboxdash.xbe

I have hotswapping xbox with my pc.
I have select "create hd from scratc" or something similar, for format and create a new hd from cd.
Cd format C: E: and F: partition and copy files.

When i boot up i have a xbox original, with xbox dash than boot from eject or power button.

Now i think, if i have an xbox like original, i could softmod it like first time!
So i have tried softmod again, i have follow this: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263
First time all works, this time NO!
I dont's understand what go wrong.
Xbox boot in MS dash with eject button, but when i try to boot softmod dash with power button i have error.

What can i try??
There is something wrong in C: or in Xbox.... What?

#17 inconsapevole

inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Here i am.

Nobody can help me?

I have restore my xbox to original state follow: http://www.XS Filter...orials-161.html
I have create an iso xboxhdm with in C: folder the content of MS dash that i have download.
I obtain so xbox that work with MS dash as original and Kernel 5101 and dash 5960 (the last).

Now i want to re-do that: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263

BUT doesn't work!!
I have do everything as first time but nothing.
I don't remember if my kernel out of the box was 5101 but it's work now anyway.

I create with xboxhdm 1.9 and ndure (as link of this forum) and hotswap, next at boot with eject MS dash boot BUT with power button it give 21 error. I have to do something that i don't remember? I tried to do audio exploit copy audio track in compilation eggbox, logo of xbox at screen and then everything the same.

I try to use ndure 3.1 but nothing change, with ndure file of link doesn't work, i leave the original ndure 3.1, but i can't figure out.

What can i do? Please give me the right way.

#18 inconsapevole

inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Here i am.

Nobody can help me?

I have restore my xbox to original state follow: <a href="http://www.XS Filter -/html/xbox-tutorials-161.html" target="_blank">http://www.XS Filter -/html/xbox-tutorials-161.html</a>
I have create an iso xboxhdm with in C: folder the content of MS dash that i have download.
I obtain so xbox that work with MS dash as original and Kernel 5101 and dash 5960 (the last).

Now i want to re-do that: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=496263

BUT doesn't work!!
I have do everything as first time but nothing.
I don't remember if my kernel out of the box was 5101 but it's work now anyway.

I create with xboxhdm 1.9 and ndure (as link of this forum) and hotswap, next at boot with eject MS dash boot BUT with power button it give 21 error. I have to do something that i don't remember? I tried to do audio exploit copy audio track in compilation eggbox, logo of xbox at screen and then everything the same.

I try to use ndure 3.1 but nothing change, with ndure file of link doesn't work, i leave the original ndure 3.1, but i can't figure out.

What can i do? Please give me the right way.

EDIT: sorry double post for error on click.

Edited by inconsapevole, 16 March 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#19 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

lets do it like this..

Find and download hexen. "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"
Find and download xboxhdm "i use 1.9 so il be refering to that, but use whatever version you use"

get your eeprom.bin back up file and save it on your pc. "It really should already be theire"

open your hexen.iso with magic iso or similar (so you can extract the iso to your pc)

open the stock files folder. and copy the contents of "stockfiles\C" from the hexen iso, tothe C folder for your xboxhdm.
then
copy the contents of the "stockfiles\E" from hexen iso to the "E" of your xbox hdm.

Now go to the Ndure folder on hexen and copy the contents of "ndure\c" to the C folder of xboxhdm "replace all files"
Then copy the contents of "Ndure\e" to the E folder on your xboxhdm.

Copy your eeprom.bin file to the xboxhdm eeprom folder.
burn that to disk, or usb "whatever your using"

now burn a copy of hexen to dvd at 4x or slower..

Put the xbox hard disk in the pc. "always set as primary master."

boot up using the xboxhdm you just made. use it to unlock the hard disk, reboot the pc so xboxhdm starts again
then build your hard disk from scratch.
Then reboot the pc and use it to lock the hard disk."dissable the hard disk detection in bios, or dont connect power cable untill after post so you can lock the drive otherwize it will say drive frozen."

When you have done that.
put the hard disk back in the xbox. and turn on the xbox With the hexen dvd in the dvd drive.

use the hexen dvd to reinstall the softmod properly..

this should give you a reasonably clean fresh start.

please do every step in the order they appear on this list.
you have to use the stock files from hexen as they contain the updated live dash which will let you use the ndure exploit properly. this means we dont have to worry about kernel versions.

Edited by shambles1980, 17 March 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#20 inconsapevole

inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi!!

First of all thanks for the time you give to me.

I have done all your istructions but when i restart xbox with hexen cd it doesn't boot.
I hear cd reader read dvd and after time appear UnleashX logo on screen, but immediatly disappear and cd re-start to load, all this in loop without boot up.

Without dvd i obtain 21 error from xbox.

When i have lock the HD from PC i don't understand if all gone ok, only thing chaged after lock is "security system" or something similar. This become from No to Yes, but the line under, "HD lock" or similar it's No anyway.
I have to retry? Or it's normal?

I don't know how this xbox don't want to boot from other dash or some cd.

#21 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

i dont know why hexen fails to boot for you.

if you have slpinter cell game, you can boot the xbox with that. the back door explouits should be in E now.
this error 21 you keep getting is strange are you sure you havent changed one of the xbe's for something els? "renamed one and replaced?".

any way. check your private messages.

Edited by shambles1980, 20 March 2012 - 03:13 AM.

#22 inconsapevole

inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hexen fail to boot, but first that i re-softmod it's work, now it's don't boot.

I don't have splinter cell original, the first right? sad.gif

I know the error 21 is for possible xbe corrupt, but i don't have change nothing, i don't have edit any, i follow your istructions, so i take files from Hexen cd.

I don't understand, now will try what you say in PM.

#23 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

all fixed now then?

#24 inconsapevole

inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I'm back!

So thanks so much!!!
With autobilderV2 all fix!!

I done hotswap with this cd and now work!
I have done dual boot with MS dash and Xbmc.

I have a question, if i want to boot unleashX with eject button?
I want to have in C MSdash for boot it from a menu of UnleashX, Xbmc to boot with powr button and UnleashX to boot with eject button, how?

I read this: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=730698
But don't work, i'm not sure i done it right, how can i do?

Edited by inconsapevole, 21 March 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#25 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

just so every 1 knows. autobuilder is basically xboxhdm combined with SID.
never personaly used it my self but SPPV keeps banging on about it thats why i recomended it as a method to fix via hotswap or eeprom for the OP.

because it is built on SID i can not offer any advice on the matter...
But Others here may be able to now they know what basic files were installed and how.

So thats me out.

hope others can help you.

#26 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

I'm not getting why you would want to do all this stuff.

You've just set up a main XBMC dash/MS dash dual boot but now you want to change it to XBMC/UnleashX. There may be a proper way of doing this I don't know. I can also think of an 'improper' method that would also likely work but might cause some other problems.

But the obvious solution is redo the dual boot and select the SID dash instead of MS dash Eject Button option. The installer dash is essentially an UnleashX dash with some extra and a few missing functions. I suppose it depends why you want the UnleashX dash whether this is a problem.

If you know what you're doing you could reskin it to make it look more attractive and maybe even enable those missing items. Again I don't know if the latter would work or cause any issues.

It all boils down to whether any of this is worth pursuing. When you have a XBMC main dash and use a skin that actually enables the Custom Path dash option from the Shutdown Menu* you're two clicks away from any other dash you want. With an UnleashX main dash you can one touch Controller or Remote shortcut direct boot any one of up to 7 different .xbes and 15 if you use both.

* I've only found out this week that the default Project Mayhem III skin I've been using with XBMC is AFAIK the only only one where this option is disabled (why?).

I've asked about the purpose of the MS dash shortcuts and how to get the Xbox to boot direct from XBMC to the MS dash many times here over the years. Now it turns out all I needed to do was use another skin (or, maybe, edit one of the PMIII .xmls). Made me feel a bit stupid but nobody else here has ever suggested that it was simply a skin issue either.

#27 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(inconsapevole @ Mar 21 2012, 06:39 PM) View Post

I read this: http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=730698
But don't work, i'm not sure i done it right, how can i do?

It will work if you do it right, so you must have made a mistake somewhere.

#28 inconsapevole

inconsapevole

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(Movax @ Mar 22 2012, 03:47 PM) View Post

It will work if you do it right, so you must have made a mistake somewhere.

Explain how it work and i check out...
I put .bin file in folder on xbox but nothing work.

I try how do this, otherwise i leave xbmc and boot unleashx from it.

#29 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:01 AM

There is no need to explain what to do, the information is in that thread you linked.

Maybe explain what you did do, and I'll try to figure out why it doesn't work.

#30 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

So there is a correct way of changing the eject button boot path. Interesting.

But does anyone know if my suggestion - setting up a dual boot Any Dash/SID and then edit/re-skinning the SID dash to give it full UnleashX type functionality would work or cause any problems?

I'm certainly not suggesting anybody try this as there is that proper method described in the linked thread ^^^ but I'm just curious as to whether this more complcated alternative had any merit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users